How do I forget him? 5 months. Other dates. New boyfriend. Still he's on my mind. What now?

I was really close friends with this guy. We were there for one another through some tough times, did almost everything together, and eventually ended up sleeping together once he became single. The whole time, we swore we'd preserve our friendship. It meant a lot to me, and he acted like it meant a lot to him too.

I moved for work, and one day he just stopped talking to me. He ignored all my normal communications, and he just pretends I don't exist. We've seen each other in person, and he refused to even look at me in the eyes. I have no idea what I've done if anything. I've tried reaching out more than once, but he ignores that too.

I've done everything I know to move on. I've put away all the pictures of us with mutual friends or alone together. I've stopped following him on social media. I've dated over half a dozen different guys. I have a boyfriend of over a month now, and I have sex with him.

Even last night as I was watching a movie with my boyfriend, I was reminded of this man who used to be my best friend. I'm upset that I can't stop remembering him, especially with my boyfriend. It feels extremely disloyal or dishonest of me in this new relationship. I don't know how to get him off my mind. Suggestions?

No one?

01

Most Helpful Guy

• "I was really close friends with this guy. We were there for one another through some tough times, did almost everything together, and eventually ended up sleeping together once he became single."

^if u actually slept together then u became friends with benefits... not just friends...

"The whole time, we swore we'd preserve our friendship. It meant a lot to me, and he acted like it meant a lot to him too."

^but sleepin together might mess up pure friendship actually...

"I moved for work, and one day he just stopped talking to me. He ignored all my normal communications, and he just pretends I don't exist. We've seen each other in person, and he refused to even look at me in the eyes. I have no idea what I've done if anything. I've tried reaching out more than once, but he ignores that too."

^when u say moved? u mean to another area? if yes then i assume he ignored u in order to forget about u maybe? i mean he hurts him seein u go away... so it'd be better for him to forget about u instead...

"Even last night as I was watching a movie with my boyfriend, I was reminded of this man who used to be my best friend. I'm upset that I can't stop remembering him, especially with my boyfriend. It feels extremely disloyal or dishonest of me in this new relationship. I don't know how to get him off my mind. Suggestions?"

^well... as u said he was really close friend for years wasn't he? so he was an important person in yer life... which means it won't be easy to forget about him no matter how many years r gonna pass...

best u can do now... it's to focus on yer boyfriend... even if u think about him just consider him some memory and nothing more... ;)

• Thanks for taking the time to read all of that and reply so thoroughly. It just makes me feel crazy sometimes.

I know some people who go from friends with benefits to friends and back like flipping a switch. Wish it could've been us. I would've been okay with it. I expected it.

• u r welcome... and thanks for MHO... ;)

• Hey, you deserve it for all the effort. 🙃

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 0