Do you believe in second chances in relationships?

815

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on what the person has done. If a person cheats on you then I don't believe in second chances but if a girl said something nasty to me I would give her a second chance if she apologised and made it up to me.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. If the genuine love and respect are not lost, second chances are worthwhile.

What Guys Said 14

• In some cases... Maybe I would give a second chance. In the event of cheating it's done and over with , so would a second chance be given? No I don't think so. Once trust is broken , that it ; it doesn't just magically heal

• In most cases, no: If someone had enough self control, and was worth it, then they wouldn't have screwed up the first time. Decisions have consequences.

• I don't know to be honest, never been in that situation and doubt I will with my ex since she doesn't give a shit and won't try to fix things ever.

• Depends. If I beat someone in 2K, then I usually give then a rematch

But I become friends with someone who ends up killing my whole family, chances are, we won't be friends anymore.

• I belive in forgiving, but not necessarily forgetting

• If its related to cheating, than they can juz nvr kum back and get outta this U-G-L-Y face! Cuz ill nvr wanna see dat perrty face anymore as long as i still walk the earth with ma barefoot

• This is too broad a question. I do and don't. If a girl cheated on me, she blew it (pun intended) and I want nothing to do with her.

• Second Chance page replacement algorithm? Ya,, it works quite well !

• I believe in fiftieth chances.

• Yes, everyone gets one.

• There is a phrase "Third time lucky" so I think second may be on the cards, as long as you are both willing

• Naaa not my cup of tea

• Do i give them... yeh... should i? NOPE... most people don't change... and you can't really believe in a second chance?

What Girls Said 7

• It really depends. I've done the whole, taking an ex back thing. And it never works out!

I think the only time it could work out is if you both were very happy with the relationship, but opted to end it so one of both of you could go to school, or take an amazing job opportunity. Maybe your were both young and you really needed to take that job. Then several years later you move to a new city, and you find out that they are there. You decide to meet for a coffee and sparks are still there. That would be the only time I would think it would work out. Is if both people ended on good terms.

Maybe it just wasn't the right time.

But in any situation where there is infidelity or abuse, then no. You are better off without that person in your life.

• It depends on the situation. In most cases, nope. If you REALLY fuck up, you should deal with the consequences that may not involve a second chance.

• Depends on why you broke up in the first place, how they messed up, if you know you can trust them to change, if they can prove that they have changed, etc.

• Depends on what they did.

• No I do not!

• It depends if I feel they deserve it.

• it depends on what the person has done but I don't know if I believe in second chances I was in a relationship with a guy online once who was 19 who wasn't nice to me and he called me and I broke up with because I wanted to be single and when I told him that he took his life and then he was saved by a doctor