Would you be hurt to hear an ex say they "deserve way better than you"?

Regardless of who ended the relationship, I would still find it a little hurtful if someone said that to me.

98

Most Helpful Guy

• my ex (she dumped me) told me i was boring, she expected a prince charming and i wasn't, i didn't surprise her and didn't make her cum, almost did but never quit got there...
    she told me i was an obstacle for her to reach her dreams because i didn't have money.

After all that guess what? ... my heart broke a little bit more, my self esteem is still kinda low but the one that deserves better is me, thats what i realized even tho i still love her, I know i wasn't the best boyfriend, i did things the way i knew but i did my best to make her feel loved even tho sometimes i failed at it, but god dman i know i made her feel secure and beautiful with me, i thought it was enough but i guess women don't care about dumb shit like that.

If you know you tried your best in the relationship don't let them tear you down.

Most Helpful Girl

• If I treated the person terrible, then I would agree with them.
    I admit when I'm wrong.
    If I gave that person a lot of heartache then they are right... they do deserve better than me.

However, If I treated that person like gold those words would hurt me.
    "What do you mean you deserve better?"

What Guys Said 7

• Of course, how could it ever not be a blow to the ego, even if it came from the most psychotic partner you ever dated? You don't just 'jump-in' so to speak into a relationship. Most of the time you actually love them. If it's not you saying that line, then it means that at least you were the one in the relationship who held feelings for your partner at least once before.

Heck you could be the worst BF/GF but as long as you didn't treat them like shit I don't see why they would think that they would deserve "way better than you". People who say things like that either say it in front of their friends because they want to look 'better than that' or they really need to step back down to Earth.

A bit extreme example of this would be something like you being a single parent raising up a son/daughter to the best of your ability, sacrificing everything you had to ensure that they had a nice future for them to just turn around one day and say that "I deserve a way better parent than you".

• Emotionally, I'm sure I'd have a response. Logically, I would think that she's entitled, and I would be happy that we broke up.

• It would not hurt me to hear it since I am with someone who is better than all my exes. What I would say in return is that you are in my past for a reason so why should I care that you think you deserve better than me because I am happy with my life and the person I am spending life with. What you say does not matter to me because you are not my future. You can turn around and go back to wherever you came from. It would be strange to hear from any of my exes since it has been at least 2 1/2 years since my last ex and 15 years for my first ex.

• If it were at all possible, I would then give an even less of an shit about them.

• Not at all. If I truly cared for them, then I would care even after a break up. I'd want to see them get the love they deserved. If your giving all you feel comfortable giving and they still feel they can do better, its time to find a better fit anyway.

• I'd believe them. I'm not a great catch anyway.

• It wouldn't hurt as bad as falling on a bed of tacks, but, pretty darn close.
    Yes that would hurt

What Girls Said 8

• If I ended the relationship then it wouldn't hurt, because I'd assume he was saying it out of anger , because he was hurt that I ended it.

If he ended the relationship then yeah, it would hurt quite a lot... but the hurt would be
    " short-lived" , because my self-worth isn't gained by other people's opinion of me.

• It would obviously hurt..

I mean even if the relationship ended on a bad note but still it had some amazing and beautiful moments. This one sentence will ruin all of them for me!

And it's better to hate your ex than being sad when it's all over.

• If someone says something nasty like that to you, be glad their an ex and you're moving on. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

• no not really I don't care what he say! He can get the fuck out!

• Any guy who says that to me is an idiot just because im decent & loyal and it's hard to find decent females now days

• I would find it hurtful at first but then I would probably realize that the ex wasn't the most perfect person either and turn it around on them

• Ofcouse there is gonna be some pain when it comes to breakups but hey an ex is an ex for a reason, am I right? Do don't feel too hurt over it, you will find a guy that deserves you and forget you ex comment.

• Yes it will still hurt regardless :(