Do you think mostly men falling in love with a women is easier than a women falling in love with a man?

I loved my girlfriend and I know I did, but she questioned love and I don't think she was sure she loved me. She told me she did and I believed her at first, but I'm having second thoughts as to whether she did. If a girl loves you then wouldn't they do anything to stay with you? Both of you have arguments that's for sure and you fall out, but you both deal with it if you love each other...

Also, here's another question...

Am I correct by saying that going through a heartbreak is proof that you were/are still in love with them?

108

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it really depends on the type of person you are that determines how quickly or easily you fall in love.

Your girlfriend could have definitely loved you, and even though it seemed she doubted her love for you, she was probably still being as honest as she could be. I think women can genuinely say they love their man, while still having doubts (doubts about a lot of things that may or may not really be important).

This is where I think your girlfriend could have done better... you're right, if she really loved you, she could definitely put more effort into staying with you. But, this is also because I don't know the dynamics of your relationship or what she's like.

However, generally, if it's really love, I think that women fall in love quickly and deeply, while men fall in love quickly (initially), but gradually (over the long-term), and that it takes quite some time for men to fall in love deeply.

I think you're mostly correct in saying that by going through heartbreak, it was proof of having loved/being in love with them. I also think part of it could be that you go through "heartbreak" over the "routine" of being with something/someone you got so used to. It's like a schedule that you had for so long and suddenly you no longer have to keep it... it's something that you miss just by default. It's like a reaction to a sudden change in how you lived your life.

• I agree, totally

• Hmm. For you, then, it's heartbreak, but for your girlfriend, it's just the loss of something familiar and comfortable for her. She probably just misses you as her friend - (like you said, someone she can talk to, confide in, hang out with, etc.), and not as her ex.

I don't know what you said after you guys broke up, so I have no context, but she probably expects you to be okay with the break-up because, in her mind, the relationship wasn't THAT serious, while for you, you were committed to her and loved her. For her, it's easy because her attachment for you didn't run that deeply.

It's unfortunate. I would say to move on because that sounds like the best option, since she apparently has... however, that also seems insensitive to say because you love (d) her. I guess, at this point, all I can say is to give it time... see where you guys are in a couple days, or in a couple weeks. If she still acts/feels the same, then all you can do is move on.

• I think you're right you know. Thanks, this did help

Most Helpful Guy

• Tom bro! I asked myself a similar question. I had never known "love" until this girl, who said it first and often. Apparently me coming to know love, i learned, that it was totally unconditional & for this girl me loving her meant "yes" I would do anything to have her in and around my life. Believe me she was extremely difficult to handle but my unconditional love saw past that and Tried Still.

Unfortunate her "love" was conditional and I almost could never win. A mistake on my in, which I would take to heart and fix, apologize and do anything to make things right still meant absolutely nothing to her and she would attempt to break free every time. I'd beg and plead and she would stay.

But eventually... well, she broke free mate. Pretty easy to see she did not love me:(. Feels bro. Girl fall in love easier I say and fall out easier.

• Think I had the same problem. I loved her unconditionally and apologized for the things she got annoyed at me for, I just didn't want to lose them. I agree with you

• Sucks, bad!!! But hopefully things work out for you dude.

What Girls Said 9

• I think both sexes can fall in love easily, that's something that really just depends on the person. However, even when you love someone, that still sometimes isn't enough to make a relationship work. You can love someone but perhaps they just aren't the right person for you. Possibly you are just both moving in different directions, have different goals, and want different things out of life that can complicate the relationship. So, even though someone may be in love, they may also realize that this isn't the person they are meant to be with. Regarding your last question, yes, it makes sense that being heartbroken means that you really cared about that person.

• I think women fall in love faster but men fall in love harder

• I think women fall in love easier or at least more quickly than men

• for me, it's the other way around, I tend to fall in love quite quickly

• nt based on studies. men fall in love quicker and 3 times as often.

• i think it depends on the person. her questioning love might not be a reflection of your relationship, but rather her own life experiences, the why her thought process works. somebody could tell me they love me til they're blue in the face and i'd probably still doubt it. has nothing to do with that person, it's just my own perception. maybe you can think about it in these terms.

i think growing through heartbreak means you were attached to the person, not sure if that is love though.

• Women fall in love easier.
    Men fall in lust easier.

• anyone and everyone can fall in love easier and faster... the point is are they right for each other!

• For some reason I think men fall way harder than women do

• Yes girls can fall in love just as fast as a guy can. But I also think that guys fall for a girl harder (emotionally) and girls fall in love with a guy quicker. Maybe she just has a different perspective on love than what you do which is perfectly fine because she has a right to her own opinion. Maybe she's gone through an experience that makes her think that way about love.

• First question, no.
    Second question, wrong. It's proof you don't like loss.

• That doesn't mean I'm heartbroken because I lose something. If I lost my ps4, which I love to play, I don't feel heartbroken about it

• Loss of Human connection. I guess I needed to spell it out.

What Guys Said 7

• One can love somebody without providing them with what they need from a relationship (depending how you define love). So if they don't get everything they need, or if one causes them trouble or otherwise, some will still leave even if they did love.

They won't do everything to stay with you in that case. It's also possible that they were not ready for the level of commitment, so if two parties want different things they may not stay together even if they did love each other.

And even if they love one another if there is constant arguments then one might not want to put in the effort of staying together if it's easier to be apart.

Heartbreak does not equal love, I don't think, it equals loss. Well, maybe true heartbreak is due to love, but you could also be experiencing loss rather than heartbreak, so it depends.

As far as for who falls harder, I think it depends on the person, I'm not really sure, I believe the consensus is that women get over their breakups faster than men, and men have to win the women over.

• Women fall in love and out faster. Men fall in love slower but take a longer time to get over an ex.

• I think I loved harder, and was more loyal, thinking back to my relationships. At the same time, I can do what needs to be done and break it off if I have to.

• There was a study done. Men fall in love by the third date, women take about three months.

• My experiences have always pointed towards the opposite- four to my one.

• Your second question, if it never broke your heart, you would then know - it weren't love.

As for the headline, it really depends on the individual. It may have been that she was using you, and even I have been there. Think of what caused any arguments, you may find that with her, "TRUTH HURTS." My ex hated it when I confronted her with the truth about what she was doing, and she would cower away from me like a spoilt kid.

I had a female friend who met someone on Facebook in Manchester, I think it was, it was several years ago, and just by the phone calls alone she told me that she loved him. Said on Facebook that he was single, yet my friend's phone rang, with his wife on the other end.

My ex used me as a taxi service and as a bank. I was supposedly in a relationship with her and she'd tell other people otherwise, yet when confronted in front of me, she would say "whatever happens between us stays between us."

Girls can at times, when us blokes are unfortunate, we can end up with girls who are as devious as us blokes. Its not easy to decide which girls are genuine, and which aren't, and it may take years to find out whether the girl you're with is genuine or not. Your best bet is to ask people that you personally know, and that have met the girl in question, as to what they felt about the whole relationship both ways (you with her and her with you), and listen clearly to what they have to say, then you'll hopefully find out whether it was a genuine relationship or not. As they say - love blinds, it certainly blinded me from the truth. Those involved in the relationship can't see the whole picture of what's going on, as the only people that can give you a fresh look on what's happening are those outside the relationship in question.

• First I think men fall in love easily to any pretty girl they saw, until my girlfriend told me that whenever the girls are sitting together or chatting its always about
    Why that boy is staring at me?
    Why he is not staring in my eyes or paying attention to me?
    What should he do so I can like him?
    Its always on their mind