Guys, I was dating a guy for 4 1/2 years and he broke up with me out of the blue. Should I give up hope of rekindling our relationship?

My ex broke up with me about a month ago now. I have not had any contact with him for the past 2 weeks, but for some reason I'm having a difficult time processing what even went wrong. As he is breaking up with me he even admits to the fact that he can see himself getting married to me, but due to the fact that he hasn't had any other relationship experience he can't commit all the way. Its difficult to move forward when he even says there's a 50:50 shot of getting back together in the future. Is he just dragging me along so that if he can't find someone else he can just fall back on me or is this dude seriously confused and making a mistake. He also admitted that if he had experience before me that we wouldn't be going through this and that we would still be together.

2

What Guys Said 2

• Move on. Even if there is a chance, that chance is best served if you are comfortable and secure in your life and you can't be if this guy is always hanging over your head.

• sounds to me he is trying to use you as a fall back girl. if his masquerades with other women don't work he knows that he has you on a leash. all he has to do is tug at it and you will go back to him.. my opinion is to say fuck and dont subject yourself to this. move on and find happiness.