Does he still love me?

Okay so my ex and I are still talking to each other. I am close with his family and i visit them on a regular bases. I always ask my ex boyfriend before i go there so he knows im there and i don't want to intrude. I was there last night giving his mum flowers and i forgot to say goodbye to him. After i left i got a messsage saying "no goodbye :(" and then he went on saying that it was weird as i didn't make eye contact with him and that he likes talking to me. I would like us to try again but i am not getting my hopes up. He keeps saying he doesn't know what he wants in life for me to be a friend or something more. Am i crazy for picking up on this mixed signals? Or does he genuinely doesn't know what he wants? Help!!!

51

Most Helpful Guy

• I think he himself is confused, I think he genuinely doesn't know what he wants.

• Do i give him time just to be by himself?
      Should we keep in contact and see how thibgs go for us?

• Sounds perfect. I know i sound like a fool but i dont want to risk my chances of he is starting to see if does want me back in his life. He has just started calling me an old nick name that he used to call me and that pulled on my heart strings and asking me if i am seeing anyone or looking for a boyfriend and im not and when i asked him if he was looking he said no he wasn't.
      I just dont know where i stand and its so hard

• I hope you can manage, I hope you'll do what's best for you. Good luck.

Most Helpful Girl

• You must give him some space for him to understand his actual feelings. Don't contact him for a week and see if he contacts you. Let him initiate first. You need to keep focussing on building yourself and taking care of you. Go out with your girlfriends but don't talk too much about him.

If you love him you must definitely give him some space. Guys have this problem of their own feelings. He himself will let you know when he's fine. He likes you. Don't over analyse and just go with the flow. All the best :)

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 4

• He's clearly being very indecisive, if he doesn't know if he wants you or not, then he doesn't want you enough. Why be with someone who hesitates? You deserve to be with someone who has no hesitation. I suggest you move on and distance yourself from his family, otherwise you won't get over it.

• I think he's conflicted too. What was the reason for breaking up? And who broke up with who? I think there's some feelings there, and that text def proves it. I think y'all just need to sit down and talk it out. That's the only way to know. You're probably sitting and waiting and so is he, if neither of y'all do anything you're just never going to know how the other person feels.

• We broke up becayse he cheated. I spent 3 weeks away from him without contact and when we talked again i said that i would give us another try and he said he didn't know wht he wanted between us but he can see me in his future. He wants us to talk and hang out and i do find it a bit hard on me not knowing where i stand. He broke up with me he said he couldn't see us working things out so quick and he didn't know what he wanted in life. I just want answers but he doesn't onow himself so i know i can't expect them. He flirts with me over message and yesterday he started calling me a nickname he made up for me when we were together

• I think he's in that phase where he doesn't know what he wants, I don't think you should compromise your feelings though for him. Then that makes it easy for him to just use you whenever he wants. I personally hate cheaters. And once they cheat, they will cheat again. I know. you have strong feelings for him, but I think you should find a guy who knows what he wants (you) and makes you feel safe and secure in the relationship. I believe you deserve better. I don't think your guy is emotionally and mentally mature enough for a relationship if he is still questioning all of these things.

• If he says he doesn't know what he wants I think you should accept he doesn't know what he wants. I think you're right not to get your hopes up. Try not to read in to anything he says too much, I am sure if the time comes, when he realises how amazing you are and that he should never have let you go, he will tell you outright and leave nothing for interpretation.

• I'm hoping he tells me soon as i know i can't wait around forever for him to make up his mind. I asked him what we are amd he said he didn't know and then i asked if he wanted us to be friends and he said he didn't know again. He keeps asking me if i am seeing anyone or intrested in someone and the answer is no and i told him that

• You don't need to explain yourself. He has made it so that you don't owe him an explanation! Contact him if you want to lovely but in my opinion, you're giving him attention that he doesn't deserve and hasn't earned. The longer you leave him alone, the longer he has to miss you and realise he wants you back, if that's the decision he's ultimately going to reach. If he doesn't contact you to say he knows what he wants and it's you then he was never going to get to that point.

Nothing you do can genuinely make someone feel something for you, or want you. It has to come from them xx

• I've been waiting a month or so for him to tell me what he wantsm every time i did ask i got " i dont know" it does hurt hearing that but i just dont understand. He messages me and ask me to go to his house and see him and his family. He sent me a good night message with a x on the end of it and that confused me. I dont know if i should send him something like that just to see what the reply would be or not.
      I just want to know if he is talking to girls pr seeing someone so i know if im wasting my time or not. I do love him and he knows that but I'm so inclear of his feelings

• Maybe you should ask him?

• I have and he keeps saying he doesn't know

• Im trying to. Its been hard. He had surgery last week and then on last Saturday his pop died and im trying to be supportive for him while still maintaining distance between us. He said a few weeks he still loves me and all that little stuff. He is asking questions like if im seeing someone and i have told him im not and i asked him the same and he said he isn't either. I dont want to push for an answer from him as pushing him could do more damage then whats already happened.

• Yeah I think he just asking for attention!