Would you give your partner a 2nd chance if they changed?

what would you be willing to give them a 2nd chance for and what would you not be willing to give them a 2nd chance for/

133

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends. A lot of people say not to reunite with an ex, but just as some couples are bad together and never break up, i think the opposite is true and great couples can wrongly break up. My boyfriend left me because he wasn't attracted to me anymore, so if he came back I would reject him because it would probably happen again, especially seeing as losing attraction is inevitable. Plus he dumped me by text (after trying to dump me by ignoring me).

I thought he was trying to protect me from his anger issues and/or depression. If that had been the case, I would take him back in a heartbeat. I can't think of any other scenarios where I'd take an ex back.

• Im sorry that happened :(

• thanks for posting

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on what happened. If we've already broken up, no, I don't get back with an ex, even if they claim they changed, cause usually that's a lie.

• If they cheated or were abusive then yeah its usually a lie when they claim to have changed, but for other things they really could have changed

• thanks for posting

• I wouldn't believe it.

What Girls Said 12

• I gave my ex a second, third and fourth chance because he told me he had changed. & he did, for the first week, but then went back to old habits and thus ending in a break up. It all depends on the person really, if someone can prove to you that they have changed rather than tell you, well that's admirable and worth considering in my eyes. And even though I've been fooled in the past I would still give a second chance. As long as the reason for the break up was for something unforgivable or unforgettable.

• You have a big heart :) thanks for posting

• I'd give a second chance if the break up was because of reasons like being genuinely too busy to be in a relationship or if distance became a problem. I wouldn't give a second chance to cheating, lying, getting bored of one another or falling out of love with one another.

• In what circumstances would I be giving them a second chance?
    In case of break-up, no, I wouldn't. Old habits die hard. I'd know they're only 'changed' as much as they better fit what I wanted of them initially and which they failed to achieve initially, resulting in a break-up.

• Yes. I don't even have to question that. I couldn't really imagine him doing anything for us to get to that point, though.

• @serious
      I'm a realist. I am prepared for the worst and I answered, as though I hypothetically encountered the worst. It would not sway me. I know what I have and it means the world to me.
      Humans make mistakes, some people aren't accepting of that fact.
      I am. I wouldn't let any one get away with shit, I'm not the type to be taken advantage of by any stretch.
      But my husband and my relationship will ALWAYS be worth fighting for and that is what I don't doubt. Doesn't mean it will work out, but I will fight tooth and nail- no questions.
      I could never get something as special as this again!

• @Mgoods. I understand, thanks for the explanation

• I wouldn't... if he heart me I can't! I won't it would hurt me too much!

• Their issues would have to be easily fixed for me to give them a 2nd chance. My ex took me for granted, I gave him many chances to start appreciating me and he never did anything. After a certain age people will not change (unless something big happens), so what you see is what you get. People have one chance w me and usually I give them small chances in by the way, so no, no second chance.

• It depends on what about him is changing.
    If its something minor then yes.
    If it is something that was a complete deal breaker, I would not.

• no because I move on very fast

• Well in my case No i Was with him for a very very very very Long Time frankly he shouldn't forgive me either

• I would be willing to give my x a second chance if he changed because i believe each and every person does make mistakes in this life, no one is perfect.
    If he changed ts better to give another chance and see how its goin to turb in the end.

• Leopards never Change spots 👌

• thanks for posting

• yeah you could both forgive each other, but if that were to happen then the relationship is toxic and they should go their separate ways

• Again I agree it's pointless if the love is ruined

• Depends on what they did. If for example, they cheated, I would have to really think about it because most cheaters stay cheaters. I don't know what happened with you and your partner, but just make sure they really have changed and that they're not just lying about it.

• I will make sure, thank you :)

• thanks for posting

What Guys Said 2

• Hypothetical question. I have always been single. Can I still answer the question?

• yeah you can still answer

• I won't give her a second chance if:

1. If she tries to make me jealous directly or indirectly using another man, if she plays such stupid, childish mind games there will be no forgiveness, no second chances. She will be out of my life forever.

2. I won't forgive her, I won't give her a second chance if she is a compulsive liar, and she constantly lies to me.

3. If she has cheated on me, there will be no forgiveness, she will be out of my life forever.

• 2nd chance mean change my priorities and look behind. I guess no second chance.