Does the no contact rule or disappearing act really make them miss you?

how do men live when the ex girl is gone? no social media, she won't reply to texts, etc

53

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes it does when you love someone you miss them, no matter how much time passes. My last Ex gosh like 3 years ago did this she called it a break though. And said to talk to her again in 2 months. Well in that time she was seeing someone even before we had our break and it tore me apart inside. She promised we could be friends but she had her boyfriend send me a message that she didn't want anything to do with me.

I haven't been about to hold a steady relationship since, I started get nervous around young lady's and now if I even try to talk to someone I like I get panic attack and start shaking badly "which is great if I worked at bar" I still remember everything that went down I wanted to talk things out but now I feel like it was all my fault. Simply said its a dumb thing, but just remember who you're doing it too. I'm very sensitive, and have a bit of a feminine side when in comes to relationships.

Most Helpful Girl

• I broke up with my ex in January of this year. And I done the whole trail the internet of finding ways to get him to come back to me. Eventually I decided on the no contact rule of nothing for 30 days. As the days went on at first i was upset that I hadn't heard anything at all. But I kept thinking just 20 more days and I can speak to him. Eventually I got to the 30 days and thought why the hell should I bother. Then one Saturday night I checked my phone. This was around day 48. 3 missed called and 8 texts. We eventually got back together after that, but then split again 2 weeks later. So yeah, it does work. He said he hadn't contacted me because he'd seen on Facebook how much fun I was having and he knew he made me miserable. So give it a go! Might help you get over your other half or may fix it. Good luck.

What Guys Said 2

• Yes, it can work but there is no real guarantee, it can fail too.

• Not only is it wrong because it’s not about love, but about trying to trigger the fear of rejection and/or abandonment in someone who already fears rejection/abandonment. It’s also wrong for you trying to get your ex back because what you are doing is shutting all the doors, windows, vents, chimneys (all access your ex would use to get to you), and then sitting by the door and checking the windows and vents hoping that your ex will burst open and come begging you to take him/her back. Good luck with that.

Dr. yanki

But I do agree with this! No contact is no good mate. It works sometimes, yes. But when your partner returns the relationship is already at a point where it doesn't need to be and probably will leave again shortly after.

#DONTGONC

What Girls Said 4

• It doesn't work for everyone. If you deliberately ignore a guy you are just " teaching "him how to live without you in his life. So it would be easier for him to move on from you. The less contact you have with someone... the quicker their feelings fade.

The no contact rule is just really a mind game. Only someone emotionally immature would fall for it

• what about absence makes the heart grow fonder

• Like I said, it doesn't work for everyone. It depends on the person. If a guy ignored me I'd assume he felt indifferent towards me. The only way to know if it'll work on someone... is to try it.

The less contact two people have, the more chance their feelings will fade. Communicating/ contact strengthens a relationship. Ignoring each other causes distance.

• No, and no. The "no contact rule" is ridiculous. There is no point in forcing yourself to not attempt to communicate with an ex, if you feel you have something to express. And also, the point of no contact shouldn't be about lasting however many days, it should be about respecting someone's choice, and giving them space, if they have in fact ask for you not to contact them. It's not about waiting several days or weeks and hoping they decide they want you back simply because they haven't heard from you. That isn't actually dealing with the issue of why you broke up, and it would be immature to re-enter the relationship, not to mention unhealthy, if you don't actually have a conversation (or several) about what took place and why.

• In some cases , absence makes the heart grow fonder.

However that isn't the case at all times.

Don't reply on this to have your ex realize what he lost or what he should be missing.

Some people are great at looking forward and moving on.

• I think so.