Broke up with boyfriend, should he still visit my family for the holidays?

I recently broke up with my boyfriend, but we had planned in advance that he would stay with my family for the holidays. We still get along great and want to remain friends afterwards. I feel guilty for breaking up after he planned his schedule to stay with me and paid for a flight as well. Also, a part of me thinks it will be okay when he visits. I have not told my parents we broke up. My now exboyriend and I agreed he would still come to visit, but I am not sure i that is a good idea. I am confident the reason is not because I am afriad of the feelings its more of not telling my parents we broke up and feeling guilty for him planning on the visit. Should not not feel guilty about telling him not to come for the holidays, or would it be okay for him to come and we hang out as friends but my parents don't know we broke up?

12

Most Helpful Guy

• Personally I wouldn't want to if I was your ex it would feel awkward. I also think if you do go through with it you tell her parents that your no longer together.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's better you don't hide anything from your parents. They will help you in getting of this problem. Ask yourself first whether you want a bf/gf relationship with him or just a friend. If you decide to be his friend then him falling for someoneelse should not bother you later. Why did you break up with him?

What Guys Said 1

• He broke up with you, not the family. Lol, I don't know but it just happens. It would be intensely awkward! I promise you! But, sometimes things happen as weird as this. Just go with the flow!

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!