What should I do in this situation?

I found out today from a friend that my ex's dad has been diagnosed with cancer. My ex and I are on speaking terms I guess. We broke up about a month ago, after being together for 5 months, and we go to the same college so if we see each other there we do say hi and stuff but conversation hasn't been much other than that.

I'm not sure whether I should say 'sorry to hear about your dad' or something along those lines to him or not next time I see him. We are still friends and I do still care about him and I don't want him to think I'm a heartless bitch or anything for not saying something. What exactly should I do? Or should I just not say anything at all because he's my ex?

04

Most Helpful Guy

• If you still talk tell him sorry about your dad ! If you are up for it tell him if he ever needs to talk your there...

What Guys Said 3

• say sorry to hear.
    just because he used to date you and doesn't anymore doesn't mean you shouldn't care; he's still your friend

• If he hasn't told you then I wouldn't say anything, he may not have wanted a lot of people to know and someone has gone around gossiping. If he tells you in person or through text then offer your support and best wishes.

• I would've thought he wouldn't want people to know either but the girl he initially told he lived with for a year and she's known to tell everyone everything and I'm sure he knows that. But ya maybe I should just wait and see if he tells me first. I just don't want him to think I don't care or anything.

• Say nada... not your problem anymore

What Girls Said 0