Why did he break up with me if he still wants to sleep together?

My ex broke up with me a little over a week ago however, we are still sharing the same flat until our lease runs out in march. I desperately want him back but he has told me he doesn't want a relationship at the moment. I have tried to cut out all sexual contact and we now have separate beds but for some reason he seems to still wants me to act like his girlfriend and him like my bf. What should I do to prevent this ending badly and how do I get him back?

21

Most Helpful Girl

• Let me get this straight: he broke up with you, but still wants everything to remain the same and sleep with you as well? Sounds like he either regrets breaking up with you and can't admit it or he wants to have his cake and eat it too. Honestly, I think it's the latter, since any guy who is truly in love and is worried he made a mistake will SAY SO, and not just go on pretending like nothing happened. If he wants you back and that's why he's acting all boyfriend/girlfriend then he needs to tell you that and ASK if you guys can try again. More likely, he wants to get all the benefits of having a girlfriend without the hassles of having to be someone's boyfriend. What are you going to say if you start sleeping with him and acting like you're back together, then he hooks up with someone else and claims "But I'm single. Don't you remember when I broke up with you?" If you give yourself away for nothing, you will get just that in return: nothing. He doesn't want a relationship right now? Fine, then you can be his roommate/friend/whatever, but you both need to face the fact that when he BROKE UP with you, he lost the right to you as girlfriend. It's not your duty to prevent anything from happening and you can't MAKE him come back, and certainly not by settling for less than what you want.

What Guys Said 1

• He finds you attractive sexually, but he doesn't find the idea of being with you in a more than physical way very attractive.

What Girls Said 1

• tell him he can't have it both ways your not going to do that because remember he doesn't want a relationship right not. When he sees that he can't have it both ways he might surprise you