Anyone have this problem?

I can admit that it's an emotional issue. I thought my ex and I were on the verge of working things out but then it popped up on my fb news feed one night that he was in a relationship.

You know that feeling that you get when something bad happens? And you're breath is caught in your throat? I get that every once in awhile.

I don't have asthma or anything. I don't know what to do about it. It's not necessarily a panic attack and goes away after awhile if I take deep breaths. But it catches me so off guard. :-/

41

Most Helpful Guy

• I normally don't answwer breakup questions but this one caught me off guard. I got that feeling too. And looking at what all the other girls that answered this also gets it too. My ex and I were dating for 2yrs and when we broke up, I tried my hardest to make things work out and we got in one huge fight a few months later. 2 days after that fight she started to date her best guy friend that she told me she can never have feelings for him. Just writing about makes me want to knock him out. BUt you knnow what you have to do, delete him from everything of yours. If you can't control ur urges to not call/txt him or visit his fb/MySpace profile, just delete him from ur life. I had to do that with my ex. It worked quite fast after I started to get some of my lost friends back. Try not to think anything of it. I know that's easier said than done but try not to.

As far as the breathing thing goes, use some breathing techniques to calm you down. One that helps me is to inhale for 3 seconds and exhale for 3 seconds. Don't cheat the seconds either. The purpose is to slow ur heart rate down which will help with the breathing. I'm sure you can find some different ones online.

Good luck with everything. I hope this will help you.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 4

• yeah forget him. you can do better. I believe he was doing that on purpose to get you surprised. let go. don't think about him.

got to stay busy to forget that. eventually as you move on with your life, things will be much nicer for you. don't let others get you down.

yeah it happened to me before. I wasn't sad, I was angry.

• I don't think he was doing it on purpose, but he knew how hesitant I was to even talk about us. And instead of making an effort he just let go. Is it wrong that I expected him to fight for me?

• Yeah, I think I know what you mean. I kinda get a feeling like I've been punched in my chest when something like that happens. I was in a similar situation actually, except it wasn't an ex, just a friend I'd been hooking up with and he changed his relationship status to 'in a relationship' which I completely wasn't expecting. It happens every time he posts something new about how great his girlfriend is and puts pictures of them together up. It doesn't last long but it's still horrible. Maybe I should just delete him off fb ha...

• Aww I'm sorry. I have my ex blocked so that I can't see his updates and I try to resist the urge to go on his page.

• Here's to hoping we both move on. I really wanted to make a friendship work with this guy but it's not worth nearly having a panic attack over! Problem is, we live in the same building so I'm probably going to see him even if I'm not talking to him.

• Here's to hoping! Ughh good luck with living in the same building. At least he and I are completely different majors. So the odds of us bumping into each other are slim.

• he is a jerk darling, my ex did the same damn thing on december too..guess what? he is still with that girl.

Take your time to get over it,cause he isn't worth your time and believe me, you'll find someone better than that jackass..

Maybe right now you think he is the one but you just have to take your time, don't talk to him even thought you want to. It will be easier to get over him. Delete his number also. Don't Text him or answer his text messages.

I don't want you to suffer what I suffered too.

Hope it helps :)

• whew! I am all too familiar with that feeling! haha! Basically what you need to do is just stop communicating with him. The exact thing happened to me a few weeks ago and the best thing to do is just get angry and cancel him out of your life. I can almost guarantee that he will try and talk to you though so just don't even bother reading or listening to any of his sh*t. xoxox