Had a dream about my ex?

I had chased him for two years after our break up but then found someone who cared about me as well. This time period is when my ex and I dated so I knew I was going to struggle a bit but for the most part I just focused on my new relationship and being happy.

Last night I had a dream where my ex changed completely. He went from being cold to being warm and I remember just begging people to let me talk to him. I woke up completely disturbed. All of my old feelings were in that dream.

I haven't told my boyfriend and I dont want to. I love my boyfriend but that dream just fucked with me. My boyfriend told me he would do anything to help me move on and I dont want to change that.

It doesn't mean anything does it? I dont want to go back to him ever.

• No it means nothing / dont tell your boyfriend
  • Yes it does mean something / dont tell your boyfriend
  • No it means nothing/ do tell him
    Vote C
  • Yes it does mean something / tell him
    Vote D
  • Unsure/Other
    Vote E

57

Most Helpful Guy

• You don't admit it during waking hours, but yes of course you still love your ex.
    It would be better and easier on you to admit it rather than suppressing it.

But you don't have to go chasing after him. After all, he hasn't really changed! You'd still fight over the same issues.

• I am not gonna deny that I do love my ex. Possibly a bit more than my boyfriend because my ex was my first real love but he was fucked up. He lead me on. If I went back he would just ignore me again and lead me on.

So I just accept that I like my ex but dont wanna go back and continue dating my boyfriend?

• Chuckle, just relax, enjoy the memories!

• You know what? I will enjoy my memories! Thanks!

Most Helpful Girl

• One thing I remember reading is that when we dream about an ex. It can mean that your not 100% happy with how things are in your current relationship that you need to fix. So ask yourself how happy you are in ur current relationship. Is there anything that disturbs u a little? Something that your bottling up that you don't like that he does? Just different things like that.

What Guys Said 6

• In my understanding of dreams, your dream just meant you've accepted the memory & actions of your ex and moved on. Or as Scrooge said to Marley's ghost welchwrite.com/.../christmas-carol-15.jpg

• It doesn't have to mean anything at all unless YOU let it. It was just a dream.

• Your ex was a big part of your life, so of course you will dream about him from time to time, especially if you are trying to repress feelings you have about him. It's not like you actually want to get back together with him in RL. Don't tell your boyfriend though, he might not understand.

• Why did you broke up with him in the first place?

• then why does it matter if you have feelings for him :P you can never be with him. Your dream isn't real, you only saw what you want to see. Keep repeating to yourself "It will never happen" and dont have false hope.

• Because I dont want to have feelings for him

• I've had this too and didn't tell the current person I was with

• WOW ! 62% agree with that chick LYING to her boyfriend? just wow !

What Girls Said 4

• Dreams only have meaning when we attach meaning to them. Our minds simply filter and process information when we sleep, and that information can manifest as dreams. You can interpret the dream however you want, our interpretations are unique to who we are. If you don't want it to mean anything, then don't allow it to, and don't fixate on it. But if, in your waking moments, you are suppressing many thoughts (affectionate or otherwise) about your ex, you may want to determine why that is.

• It means you probably still have feelings for him but you are holding them back so they're kind of releasing themselves in your dreams. Trust, I get dreams of my ex sometimes too. Worst part is that they feel very very real. But then you wake up and realize oh he fucked up, fuck him. And you move on and get on with your day.

• Dreams can often associate with suppressed feelings. My only advice to you would be to try to move on as much as possible. I know its hard, I'm in the same boat. Its been five years since my ex and I split and I'm still absolutely crazy about him.