Do I reply to her or just ignore her?

Hi, so my "ex gf" recently sent me a text just saying I've been on her mind and she wants to see how I'm doing. I haven't contacted her in 5 weeks and I've had no desire to talk to her at all. It's kind of thrown me off a bit because I don't want to ignore her as that's not the kind of person I am, but I don't want to feed her ego either. Is there anything I can say that will answer her question but at the same time, tell her to back off?

81

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, you can tell her straight to the point that you're completely done with her, not being rude, of course. You could just fill her in on what's happening in your life, not to show that you're still interested, but to show how good you are doing in your life while she's not in it. Girls can somehow get the hidden message (if they're not dense).
    Maybe you can tell her straight to the point that you don't want to talk to her, if you're feeling bold.
    Or you can take some time to figure out what you think about this, and reply when you want to. You don't have to be in a rush. :)

But for me, you don't have to respond to the ex text. You really don't. It's not like you're ignoring her, sometimes it's best just to leave things be. And that will send the clear message to her to back off.
    Hope this helps. :)

What Girls Said 7

• U can tell her
    " Hey, I dont want to hurt you because you was once the girl i loved. so much and i care about you so I will say this to you for your own good that its best to move on and u shouldn't think about me anymore. Trust me. My love for you died when we broke up. I already lost the key to your door. I dont want to hurt ur feelings but If u think i will be coming back to your life then you are wrong. somthing like that?

hope this helped?

• Don't respond. You don't want her in your life, and there's no reason to respond, regardless of whether you think it seems a bit rude, it's better than reconnecting with an ex you don't want in your life.

• You can tell her that you've moved on

• Tell her you've moved on and that you dont wish to speak to her. Keep it nice. Don't be mean and just ignore her though.

• If you really don't want contact then "let sleeping dogs lie". If you respond you will be encouraging her. Once you make a break with an ex I think it best to cut all ties to prevent any future complications.

• if u get a response back, it means the person is still interested in you and cares to reply and might still want u, so if u reply to her, she will take it as u still want her too.

i say dont reply. it hurts i know, but its better than leading someone on. if you feel nothing for her then just delete the contact and move on. dont give her false hopes.

i used to have a major crush on this guy and i texted him, and he never responded back. it hurt so bad... i felt major rejection, but it was good for me because i got over him quick. if he kept texting me, i would have analyzed every little things and had these false hopes he might like me too but it wasn't the case so he plain ignored me and its fine cause i moved on. so yea she will feel pissed for a few days but then shell get on with her life. if you're not meant to be then you're not meant to be.

• Show no interest, keep your response far and few and in between.. she'll get the hint that you are not interested

What Guys Said 1

• Just be honest with her and tell her that you don't wish to speak to her anymore. I don't see any other way, may be a little polite while you say so.