I agree with this. What do you think?

I agree with this. What do you think?

88

Most Helpful Guy

• Ha ha. That's some pretty idealistic thinking. But isn't the damage already done? Who are you being loyal to? To yourself? To your feelings? Well, all that said, if you don't want to date after a break up, its actually a good suggestion. Most people succumb to desperation and look for a rebound or a replacement. But you can hold on, take a step back or two, think it through. Its ok to look back one last time before you're done. Still a long road ahead, save your loyalty for something that's actually worthwhile. It doesn't make you a better person if you don't date someone while your ex is. But it does take a good deal of integrity to overcome the pettiness and jealousy. I guess you could say being loyal to yourself is the right thing to do.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think that has anything to do with loyalty.
    1. Some people move on quicker than others
    2. The person who's already in a relationship might also have checked out emotionally a long time ago, and the breakup was already evident to them, hence seemingly bouncing back "quicker"
    3. It could just be a rebound

When you're single, you don't have to be loyal to anyone anymore. You don't have to stay single after a breakup for x amount of time to prove how "loyal" you are, that's just stupid. You're single and you can do whatever you want. Even get into a relationship 5 minutes after breaking up. Like I said, that has nothing to do with loyalty. Sure, it can be an act of poor judgment, it might be too impulsive. But it says nothing about a person's loyalty, because they're single. You don't have to prove yourself to someone you're not together with anymore. Only obsessed people think like that.

What Guys Said 7

• Nope, that's bs. My loyalty towards you ends when we break up. So that is assuming that if I move on fast, I'm not a loyal person, and I wasn't loyal in the relationship, which is bullshit.

• I completely agree with this

• That's perfect I would say. Well said lady!!.

• No, that's s pretty sweeping generalisation... Maybe the one that moved on immediately did so because s/he held on until long after s/he was *completely* over the other person, and was perfectly ready to move on by the time he/she actually pulled the trigger and dumped the other person?

• Few things in this world are as simple as little cutesy sayings as that...

• i think your mind fills in the gap with another person, so you dont fell that much pain.
    thats also why most relationships right after a breakup won't hold for long

• Total garbage. Human behavior is extremely unpredictable.

• Yes and no what if I was loyal but she wasn't should I waste my time on her? No. But if she was nice loyal girl I think it will take time to move on

What Girls Said 7

• It should say: "After being cheated on and breaking up as a result, the loyal one stays single and deals with the damage until healed. The one who had cheated is already in another relationship."

• It's not always one or the other, sometimes both partners do the same thing.

• true cus im still single and my mouth shuts for anybody that tries to come to me with love

• somewhat true but not always!

• Does not apply to all.

• I disagree, because some people heal faster than others

• Absolutely