If my ex boyfriend cheated, how can I get over it and trust enough to date?

He was my first boyfriend. Only. And we were together for a year. He was cheating on me and I loved him. I'm afraid to love again. I'm afraid to trust again. I know not all men are the same but I just don't want to go through falling in love again and then find out he was cheating. I have not given another guy a chance and I've been single for about 6 months. I need advice.

Any help please?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• You can't punish future guys for your exs mistakes. Take things slow, but you have to realize that not all guys will cheat on you, and unless you want to end up alone, you'll need to have trust

Most Helpful Girl

• Take some time out for yourself and your self growth. The same thing happened with me 7 months back. I stopped thinking about him and this whole cheating fiassco by travelling to dfferent cities, learning a new language, watching movies especially kill bill ;-), spiritually connecting with myself and building up my confindence again. While I was doing these stuff I fell in love with myself again. So... just relax and first fall in love with yourself then think about falling in love with someone else.

What Guys Said 3

• Not all men cheat so whats the point of assuming the next one will? If you do that you actually create a self fullfillling prophecy, you assume he is cheating which will push him away which in turn convinces you you where right all along causing you to push him away more with your fear until he either leaves you or he cheats thus causing you to believe you where right. The fear causes you to manifest what you fear essentially. Its difficult to trust again, but be aware of this and hopefully you;ll be luckier in the future.

• give yourself some attention at this time, but If you continue doing the same thing that you do, you'll get the same results. give yourself a time to know who you are to determines what you want and what you need.
    just give yourself some love and everything will be ok.

Good luck...

• Well it's good you learned this at a young age. Sorry you are hurt though. It's just part of life, people cheat especially young men.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!