How to break up with someone that loves you?

So i have a boyfriend we have been going out for a few months. he said he loved me a couple weeks ago but i know i dont love him. originally i liked him but now i dont. it was just a crush. he said i was the love of his life even though im his first girlfriend. how do i break up with him in a way i dont hurt him as much as i could.

35

Most Helpful Guy

• I had this same experience before with a girl. She loved me and wanted to marry me, i really liked her but i did not love her nor did i want to marry her. I didn't want to use her nor lead her on, i told her the truth. I told her in summary: i like you, but i can't marry you. I'm sorry.

She cried even though she never cries infront of anyone and was very hurt. But i stayed with her and tried to comfort her until she was done crying. I dropped her off to her stop and gave her a goodbye hug and wished for her to meet a guy even better than me.
    If i was in love with a girl, i would want to be treated that way too, be told the truth in my face.

No matter how hard it is, the best way is to confront them and tell them the truth in the most respectful and nice way possible. He will be hurt but he will appreciate the truth in time. Just sit with him, tell him all the good traits about him and then tell him about your true feelings. tell him you don't want to use him and you are telling him the truth because you care for him and don't want to play with his heart. Show him a lot appreciation for everything he said and done for you and that you are sorry it had to be this way but you can't control your feelings.

Good luck.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's best to be honest with him. It would be unkind to let him hold onto false hope. Plus, it would be unfair to you too. Tell him your feelings have changed , and the relationship is not what you want right now. So you have no choice but to end the relationship Being honest will hurt him, but lying will betray his trust, and destroy his trust for future relationships

Rejection is very painful, but a fake promise is so much more painful. It is always best to let people know where they stand so they can move forward with their life.

You deserve to be with someone who you genuinely want to be with , and he deserves to be with a girl who genuinely wants him to be part of your life 💛

What Guys Said 4

• You can't but you have to be truthful. Tell him you just don't feel the same and need to end things

• The best way is to explain to him that you just dont feel it anymore, make sure you tell him privately and not in front of everyone and not by text and stuff. Just tell him the truth
    dont say its me not you

• He probably doesn't even know what love is. He loves the idea of having you. Just be nice as possible when you explain yourself

• Damn... I think I'm better off being gay

What Girls Said 2

• Gently tell him you don't have the same feeling as he. You tried and wanted to but to go any longer would be hurtful. To the both of you. He's is a great guy but deserves better than what you can give.

• it always hurts... just to it! Just do it!