Have You Ever Been On A Break In A Relationship?

Have you ever been on a relationship break? Basically is a break to me he calls it something else.
Have you ever been on a break?
How did it end?
Did you guys end it?
Did it make it better or worse?

I'm thinking about breaking up with him. Fr, I'm not waiting on him. He said he wants to "find himself" and make the relationship better cause he tired of arguing, like gtfon. Why he be texting me and so worried about if I blocked him. Dumb a**

• yes, been on a break and worked. (How)
  • No, haven't been on a break
  • Yes been on break and it didn't work (why)
    Vote C

71

Most Helpful Guy

• Your rude but breaks usually mean he has someone more important than you entering his life

Most Helpful Girl

• Me and my boyfriend went on a break for a week a few months ago because the relationship was stressful due to distance. It worked for us because it made us realise how hard it was to be apart. Neither of us got with anyone else on the break because it was just for the two of us to focus on ourselves. I think many people go on breaks so they have the opportunity to sleep with other people which is why generally I don't think they're a great idea because that can cause more problems with trust and things. If you're not happy with the idea of a break then the chances of it working are very slim and it could just drive you further apart.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 6

• no, i don't believe in breaks. we're either together or we aren't. i don't have time to waste being on breaks.

• My boyfriend and I went on a break before. He initiated it because he was stressed out from college and felt like he wasn't being a good boyfriend. It lasted two months before we got back together again. And to this day we are still together.

• Yeah he's probably a much better boyfriend than mine. It was great in the beginning to me. Now I don't care for it. I guess it was companionship. I just get so aggravated with him, it'll probably never work huh?

• Not if the relationship isn't happy, it may just be best to break up in that case if things aren't going to work out.

• No, haven't taken a break.

• We went on a break for about a week, but breaks just leave things so unresolved. We went on a date after the week, it got better, but then things went back to being bad and he ended it.

Don't do breaks, save yourself the trouble and end it before he does.

• I've been on a break, during which the guy decided to get his willy sucked by a dude. I took him back only for it to happen again. So, I guess no it didn't work out.

• My ex and I took a break. I was the one that imitated it. Well he changed his mind and ended things with me. And then he proceeded to find another girl.