Guys, Out of the blue breakup?

Hey guys. I am in a bit of a pickle. My best guy friend ( We were best friends for a year: texting constantly, Skype, talk on the phone, hanging out almost everyday)…and I started dating a month ago, and he broke up with me out of the blue through text after disappearing for 4 days. I didn’t see it coming, because he was planning future events with me and seemed really happy and lovey. His excuse was that he would be “too busy” and “i deserve better.” He also really wants to keep our friendship going!
I tried 2 weeks of not communicating, and he was all over my facebook and texted me a couple times. I eventually texted him back because I felt bad for ignoring him.

I don’t even know if cutting off communication for awhile will make him miss me because our relationship only lasted a month. We were planning to meet up but I blew him off because I don’t want to make it too easy for him to see me. Then 2 days later he invites me to his friend's house for dinner... and I said that I didn't think it would be a good idea. It’s been 2 weeks since the breakup.

I just want a guy to explain what this dude is thinking and why all the mixed signals.

1

What Guys Said 1

• Just let it go, you don't wanna find out what's in that closet.