Online boyfriend? Well, ex boyfriend.

okay so me and my online boyfriend broke up about 2 weeks ago, due to the fact that he doesn't think that we should meet because he doesn't want to hurt me and he thinks I deserve better than him and he's afraid of it not working out. he thinks really little of himself and basically thinks he's a piece of crap. I had the money to go there and everything and he said that he doesn't think its right. even though we've been together for 2 years and we've been talking about it for a while... he says I'm the best thing that's ever happened to him and he's not worried about how he'd feel about me at all if we met because he knows he would love me just as much if not more, but he thinks that once I meet him ill change my mind about him. I was really upset about this and said that I didn't think we should talk anymore if we weren't going to meet. he said that he didn't think that he could handle losing me completely but I said that I thought it was the right thing to do, but that maybe at some point I would be able to talk to him again because I couldn't think of losing him completely either. a little more than two weeks later we started talking again and now we're just friends, do you think its a good idea? ignore the fact that this is an online thing and he might be a creepy pedophilia whose going to rape me. he's not, I know this for a fact so I don't want to hear the dangers of online relationships. thank you (:

33

Most Helpful Girl

• 2 years is a long time to have a relationship with someone but then say you don't want to meet. That makes me suspicious, as if he had someone else in person yet he kept you around for online entertainment. Of course, he could also be really genuine, I don't know.

I kinda had an online thing with this boy for almost a year and a half. Eventually something happened and he 'stopped liking me' but I could tell he was just trying to do what was best so neither of us got hurt. We didn't talk for a while and I was crushed but eventually we got back in contact while remaining friends. It's not so bad. It actually turned out to be easier we never met since our feelings couldn't really develop past a certain point. I think that's what honestly saved the friendship. I still would love to meet him one day. :)

How far apart to you guys live away from each other?

I think (if you are ABSOLUTELY SURE he isn't a creeper!) you both should meet up and just talk about things in person and enjoy each other's company without any pressure to continue a romantic relationship. It would be nice to meet the person you invested 2 years of your life with.

Good luck with all that!

What Guys Said 3

• Protip: Online relationships are as bad as prison relationships.

• lol

• My opinion cut him off you'r life he's not interested in you anymore, reasons he might found someone else and wanna keep you on the side as friends or else. he don't want to hurt you'r feelings too. been there done that trust me.

• So you think him saying I deserve better than him really means he's over me and just wants to be nice about it?

• Yes, you deserve way better treatment than this. you put so much effort for this and you receive no appreciation in return. don't waste you'r time and then regret what you done. I have been there but there's one thing about me I don't have any regrets in my life for a simple reason that I do things with apssion always. best luck for you.

What Girls Said 2

• Dude, ANYONE who has that kind of low self-esteem will only weigh you down. If they haven't changed their opinion on that by now, then it's not going to happen. It isn't cute trying to convince them.

You'll fly out to see him to prove to him what he means and find out it doesn't change a thing. It hurts. If he wants to be more confident then he has to learn for himself. I'd say move on because after 2 years and he's shunning you away, no matter how sweetly, it's a waste of time.

You have a lot to offer. Don't waste it.

• Actually I think his excuses are a little weird. Have you ever talked to him on the phone? Not skype, but actually a real working phone number? I'm suspecting that he might have other women in his real life. Because something somewhat similar to your story happened to me before. He was seeing someone else in his real life, and was too scared to meet up with me. Eventually we never met up, and after the "breakup" we barely contact each other.

Also, when a man tells you that "you deserve someone better" it's usually bullsh*t. It's either their unwillingness to commit or just an easy excuse to get rid of the relationship. To be honest with you, I find your online boyfriend quite eloquent, i.e. too sweet to be true.

Just some humble opinion. Doesn't mean I must be right.