Is it weird sending your ex a Christmas present?

I want to contact him, but I'm afraid what he's answer is going to be.
So is it okay to send a present? With a card?
Is that pushy or sweet?

102

Most Helpful Guy

• Dunno, although I'm in close contact with my ex she specifically told me not to give her presents anymore.
    I guess it depends on the terms that you have broke up on, but since you are not in contact anymore, eh it may look a bit pushy and uncomfortable especially if they have moved on already.

• Yes, I agree a little.. It's just that I have this feeling he is not over me, nor I am with him, but of course I can't know for sure. I thought maybe since it's Christmas, I could subtle hint that I miss him without acutally calling him, and then see how he reacts from the present?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well if you to aren't on speaking teems or have the type of relationship, then it might come across as weird.

• Why? How will he react?

• No problem, thanks for the advice :)

What Guys Said 1

• Yes its nice, unless you place a deadly spider or a snake inside it.

What Girls Said 9

• i think it's a tad pushy tbh. don't throw yourself onto someone who may not give a damn about u =/

• nah don't do it!

• If you're simply afraid of contacting him, then sending him a gift is a bad idea.

• I think it's a bit pushy... Don't do it :/

• What do you gain from doing this?

• I hope maybe he will be touched and wish to contact me? I don't know...

• Have you tried at least contacting him first? Sending a gift out of the blue may be abit daunting.

• No, I haven't tried.. I'm afraid he might not pick up or answer in a mean way.. haha

• I would say it would be ok if you two are on speaking terms. But just out of the blue when you two aren't talking to one another is odd.

• Contacting him would be better than just sending a random gift. It could just come across as creepy, weird or pushy.
    Just send him a Christmas text at Christmas instead if anything.

• I think it's fine. It's just being nice/civil

• Don't. do. it

• Why? How will he react?