How would you feel if someone told you your soul was filth while breaking up with you?

"Your soul is filth. You're not good enough." How would you feel if someone said this while breaking up with you?

610

Most Helpful Guy

• that would be pretty hurtful

Most Helpful Girl

• I would be like "hey thanks for telling me" because if I knew I was a good girlfriend then they honestly have other issues and it's not me. Telling someone that whilst breaking up is a low blow and they're trying to cut you deep

What Guys Said 9

• I'd smile and say yes I know that is why i am throwing away all my trash to be clean and clear once again, good bye ass hole !

nobody can make me feel anything from their thoughts or views.

• I would think it probably reflects how they're a shitty person. Or clearly not an optimist. Much less OPTIMIST PRIME!

• That wouldn't bother me unless I'm my minds eye I had to admit that they were correct. I try to treat others as I would want to be treated , so their hurtful words would be just that... Words. I would automatically know they were wrong due to my personality doesn't back their claim

• Real poet, this guy. Honestly, if it were upto me I'd feel a little bad. How was I putting up with such a weirdo?

• "Souls don't exist and you are judgmental as heck, so good riddance. Bye!"

• Aroused most likely

• "Looks like your soul rubbed off on mine." In reality though if this ever happened to me I would not play the hate game. I'd be piecing together why I even dated a woman capable of such harsh words. In the end I'd just respond, "I appreciate your opinion, goodbye."

• Unless they cheated on them, abused them, or did something legitimately fucked up to them or their friends/family, saying stuff like that is not only completely unwarranted but petty as fuck.

• I'd probably laugh, if it was coming from a woman. Silly girls... lol!

• So it might be coming from a man for you?

• lol

how about this -- insults from the opposite sex (whether you are a man or a woman) should be taken with a grain of salt, because it's usually sour grapes talking.

As a guy, another man saying that to me is quite different -- since we're straight, we have a very different relationship. And if he's close enough to me to be able to make any kind of intelligent analysis of my character and he made that judgement while breaking off the friendship, then yes, I would take it more seriously than if a romantic partner said it (a woman, in my case).

Lighten up dear, I'm not trying to be sexist, lol

• thank you for the clarification

What Girls Said 5

• I'm sure it would sting initially but in the long run, a jackass like that isn't worth my time. I'd probably laugh about it later and make it a joke with my close friends.

Friend: Wanna share my popcorn?
    Me: We can't share food. My soul is filth and will contaminate yours

• That means he is implying this statement on himself. I've been there and heard it... and when the clouds got lifted, I got to know this shit is coming from the shits mouth. :-)

• Very dramatic answer.

• I'd be wondering who he was talking to, because it obviously wouldn't be me. Then I'd just think he was bitter.

• I'd laugh.

• dramatic statements like that make me laugh. i'd feel fine.