What should I do after he broke up with me? He keeps texting me and regrets the decision?

My now ex-boyfriend of almost 2 years broke up with me yesterday out of anger. We had been having a lot of fights, and yesterday's fight pretty much set him to break up with me in text even though he was the one to start it. He deleted me from his social medias, called me a hypocrite, pessimistic, etc. I was angry and heartbroken. I dropped off everything he ever gave me (drawings, stuffed animals, etc), and when I went to give it to him I wouldn't give him a chance to talk. Later that night, I eventually did let him talk, and he ends up telling me that he messed up so badly, that he is so sorry and that he will fix it. I want him back, but he has a lot of things to fix about himself. I'm just heartbroken, and it's hard not to think about him when he keeps texting me. I don't know what to do. I don't even know what he means by "I will fix this, I will. You'll see", "I gotta act now".

24

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly. I don't think you should really get back with him. Im not sayingoing he doesn't love you, but it doesn't show when he's deleting everything so easy out of anger and saying cruel things to you. I'm a guy, and I know saying things out of spite doesn't mean love... just means he needs time to grow. I honestly think he wants you because he probably believes he can't get anyone else since everything is different once you're in a long term relationship. Dating life becomes difficult since men have it harder and the game changes every day. I say for now, just relax, tell him that you both need space to yourself and to stop texting you. Don't let your 2 year relationship define you. I understand that you care for him, but if things were hard for awhile, you guys either need to cmunicate more or need e from one another to understand yourself and grow... and thenjoy get back into the game.

• He has been under a lot of stress because of his mother dying to a brain tumor, and we were both under stress of school, work, etc. We are pretty fine until we get those weird moments of stress and then everything becomes a fight for each other. We have tried talking it out, and I don't know what it is that makes us fight. However, he knows that he messed up big time. But I feel like I need him to learn how to grow and to find himself before talking to me again.

Most Helpful Girl

• Someone who cared about you wouldn't have broken up w/you in the 1st place. He thought he had the upper hand, that you would come crawling back to him and maybe even submit to what he wanted, but you made that break up final by bringing over the stuff he gave you. I loved my ex and it broke me to break up w/him, but he didn't want to listen to how I felt (he took me for granted), after the break up he made tons of promises about changing, treating me better etc. I didn't take him back and as much as I wanted to, I knew he would never treat me right. If he had truly cared about me he would have listened to me w/out hurting me. Do not take him back, if he loved you and respected you, he wouldn't break up w/you out of anger. Someone who cares about another person wouldn't risk doing that as they know that a break up is pretty final.

• He has been under a lot of stress because of his mother dying to a brain tumor, and we were both under stress of school, work, etc. We are pretty fine until we get those weird moments of stress and then everything becomes a fight for each other. We have tried talking it out, and I don't know what it is that makes us fight. However, he knows that he messed up big time. But I feel like I need him to learn how to grow and to find himself before talking to me again. he even admitted that he was getting to comfortable in the relationship. But I couldn't get the comfort I sought from him, because he didn't know how to express himself; he doesn't know how to communicate.

• Being under stress is no excuse because that means you won't be able to have a stable relationship because something may happen again in his life and he will just up and leave you. When you care about a person, you will lean on them when your life is falling apart not push them away. No matter how much you may be hurting personally I would never take him back. Plus it seems like there are other issues too.

What Guys Said 3

• If you and your ex were constantly fighting, it was probably meant to be; the bottom line is that it failed for a reason. People hardly change, that's something you have to figure out on your own; not when you're in a relationship. Stay broken up

• You're completely right, seems you got a handle on things

• if you want him back, then take him back. if not, then tell him you're not interested

• My LDR going to call the police because I was keep calling her or keep messaging her be a use she didn't gI've me any time to talk when she is treating me as a friend but I never abuse her

What Girls Said 1

• Don't get back with someone because they say they "will" fix themselves. He decided to break up with you instead of trying to fix those things in the first place, and being angry isn't an excuse. Give yourself space from him, and let him spend some time actually trying to fix those things, whether he is with you or not.

• He broke up with me out of anger; he wasn't thinking. It was also because we have been fighting a lot previously, so he blew it out of proportion.

• Thank you.

• Hope it helps.