How can I move on?

It breaks my heart every time I think about it. We weren't even official, he forgot my birthdays, he never brought me a single flower or a chocolate in two years. He never took me out for dinners - not even on my birthday. He never did anything to show me that he loved me.
What he did was, keep me in his pocket with empty promises of marriage once he's ready, and have flings with other girls. He openly talked about them to me.
And when I finally asked him for the commitment. He told me it wasn't going to work.
So I left.
I haven't looked back in 3 months. It hurts the most. But there's no point if he doesn't want to be with me. It doesn't matter how I feel.
He did drop a message in recently trying to revive contact but I didn't want that. He still wasn't apologizing for all the misbehaving. I made our brief conversation as cold as I could. He told me to take care of myself. And I didn't reply but it hurts the most.

35

Most Helpful Guy

• i can understand. you know what he still hurt yourself. i know you are getting hurt and frustrated about her when you think. you still need him. which is not going to happen he don't want to turn around back as he have life you have your own life try to live on that i know people here mostly say that you can have a great guy that is true i don't know when i am still searching for a girl. you can't get his message or any reply from him how much you try

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm going to assume you all were having sex? When a guy gets what he wants without a commitment, a lot of the times a commitment never comes. I'm really sorry you went through that though. I just went through a break up myself. Just realize if he didn't want to be with you, you deserve better than that. You deserve someone who wants to stay by your side and wants to call you his. You'll find him someday πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ˜Š

What Guys Said 4

• How can you move on? That man stole 2 years of your life. You were never treated the way a human being should be treated. You just keep on walking, and never turn around cause he's not worth it, and you know it.

• I think you need to be happy, you had successfully defended your self from one stupid pretender/imposter, I mostly forget my g. fs birthday but when I get to know I apologize to her and always do my best make her happy.
    .
    .
    I don't know why girls fall for such empty promises.

• You get a new guy and hook up with him. Sounds harsh and shallow but it's the truth. Best remedy. Pretty much how I got over every breakup.

• "We weren't even official..." ?

I... huh.

What Girls Said 2

• You should be really proud of yourself. Look at all of the reasons why he doesn't deserve you.
    I'm currently going through a messy breakup and am trying to remember all of the reasons why he's no good for me and I know it's really hard.

• I suggest dating other guys that could get your mind of of him... it didn't help me to do that BUT it did help some of my friends. by the way past is past you can't change it, it is probably his loss anyway