How can guys be so hurtful?

I just went through a breakup with a guy I had been with for a year, he was very mean and uncaring towards the end... Told me to my face it'd take him just two weeks to get over me, and it didn't even take that long. It hasn't been a week and he's involved with another girl. I thought he really loved me... I know at some point he did... So guys, can you please tell me how the male species can be like this? Just turn off the "I care about you and love you with all my heart" switch so easily, I'm heartbroken. I'm not eating. Or sleeping. I guess I just want so insight.

*some

111

Most Helpful Guy

• I recall being very sour towards my high-school girlfriend a few months after she broke up with me and I realized that she was stringing me along for a few months and toying with me. Depending on how the relationship broke down, it could either be resentment or "unsorted business" that you never got to sort out, or it could be that he was a genuine prick.

Another possibility is that it is a defence mechanism. I remember when she broke up with me, that it felt like a giant hole was blown into my being, and I had to fill it with something else. Luckily I turned to books and self-improvement, but I have seen other guys pretend that nothing is wrong and suffer over a longer period.

Unfortunately, a lot of people (both genders) don't realize that the best the best thing to do at the end of a relationship is to segregate yourself from the other person and spend time with your own friends (a reason why I am adamant on me and my girlfriend having our own friends).

Anyways, hope it answers your question, and I hope you feel better soon.

Most Helpful Girl

• He's being deliberately cruel. The girl is probably an ornament for his game to make you upset. She might find the same thing happen to her.

What Guys Said 10

• He isn't showing anything that wasn't there to begin with, you just didn't dig deep enough to find out in time.

Don't worry, it's a skill you develop as you get older. People are shitty (notice I said people, not just guys cause it's the damn truth), and ultimately it falls on you to sort out the shit ones from the good ones.

• It's all an act. Either he never "loved" you, or he did and now he's acting tough.
    See, men are taught not to care about feelings, to opress them and be strong, so that's what he's gonna do.
    It's very likely that girl is just a rebound.

• First of you are generalizing our gender, not cool and also not true. There are many reason for him to be like this. Maybe he actually lost feeling for you awhile ago and just was waiting for someone else to come along. Maybe she is just a chick he is screwing while he actually get over you. The most obvious, and likely one is he got hurt by whatever happened between you too and he is being pity and doing that because he knows it hurts you.

• Hah that's not even that bad like I see guys insulting their gfs or kissing other girls in front of them like you r a little flower.
    It's not about "oh all guys r dis and dat" you are just putting us all in one boat.
    I can tell you life can go much further down the road

• He has no morals. He doesn't sound like he knows what love is. I feel sorry for the girl he's dating now.

• I don't control the switches to my own heart

people can be hurtful at times, honestly it depends on the person

• Yes, unfortunately some of us can be really offending and reckless but this doesn't mean that we are all the same. I hope you'll get over this predicament and start a new relationship...☺

• It's easy when you don't care

• Bullshit. He paid his way through for sex with you on dates and whatever...

• You can't judge all end based on this experience also a lot of girls move on in days is that mean all girls bad no. What I don't understand here why you're so upset bc he moved on pretty quick?

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!