How to stop her from talking crap?

I'm kind of friends with a group of people, who I have partied with every weekend for the past couple of months. Well I hooked up with one of the girl's ex-boyfriends, which was supposed to be a secret, but long-story short, she and the whole group found out and now resent me. Which I honestly don't truly mind, because I'm not huge fans of them anyways, I was sort of just using them, as awful as that sounds.

The only thing that is really bothering me about this situation is that she's telling EVERYONE who will listen about what happened, and twisting the story. I'm not a confrontational person, but I really don't want to put up with this. Yes, I know I did something wrong, and I apologized several times, but she is making this into way more big of a deal than it needs to be,

What do I do in order to stop her from talking her sh*t to people?

11

What Guys Said 1

• So you hooked up with a friends ex-boyfriend, you used your group of friends, and now they resent you. You manipulated and hurt people without regard for the consequences of your actions. Now people are speaking ill about you without consequences for how it may hurt you.

At what point in your story are we supposed to feel inclined to help you prevent karma from biting you in the ass?

• Haha alright, thanks for the helpful answer!

• It actually isn't true what she is saying. And people thinking lies about me and coming up to me and asking me these things really isn't that great. I can see where you're coming from, but I'm a teenage girl, and I don't know how to death with things that well, as you can see. You being condescending and rude really is just making things feel worse.

• My reasoning for being rude is this:

If I see someone wearing headphones walking into the street where they are about to be hit by a speeding car, I don't yell at them and hope they hear me and get out of the way in time. I find a big f***ing rock and throw it at them. I'm sorry I made you feel worse, but sometimes it's the only way to get people to look where they're going.

There is no action you can take that would stop her from talking, that wouldn't make things worse for you. Lies or not.

What Girls Said 1

• This exact thing happened to me like half a year ago! This is when you go subtle on their butts, just mainly the girl. It seems a bit bad to do (like two wrongs don't make a right) BUT anyway, you at as if nothing is going on but secretly you have everything under control. You, spread little tidbits of information here and there about how she talks about you. If other people notice how she is kind of obsessing over it and since people are self centered by nature they will start to become suspicious of her talking about them! It works I promise, if the others don't take the hint make it sound like she is talking about everyone in that way.

PLUS if you just party with them it's soooo not worth obsessing because they are just party people, not your real friends.

(if it makes you feel any better this girl sounds like she has no life, my ex-problem sure doesn't)

• Good advice. Fighting fire with fire ALWAYS makes the collective fire smaller. Firefighters should start using flamethrowers instead of hoses.