Do you feel that there is someone out there for you?

Or do you feel that there isn't? Why or why not?

02

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• I've never understood the whole "soul mate" concept. People speak as though there is a perfect special someone out there for everyone, but they totally neglect the fact that life is such a dynamic thing. I have changed a lot since I was a child, and I'll probably change even more drastically as I grow older and arrive at different chapters of my life.

The reason why the soul mate concept is so odd to me is because the perfect girl for me now is not the same as the perfect girl was for me five years ago, nor will it probably be the same as the perfect girl for me five years in the future. Who will be my desired soul mate while I'm in graduate school? While I'm advancing my career? When I'm looking to father a son or daughter? While I'm going through my mid life crisis? When I'm retiring? When I'm dying?

People change, and finding someone that grows in the same cycles as you is a rare thing. Because of this it is my belief that there isn't a perfect special someone out there for anyone. The most we can do is find someone we can rely on and who can make us happy, and enjoy their company until it's time to move on.

• Yes, I do believe there is someone out there for me.

Simply because I've found her. I've known her for a very long time, and our paths have crossed again, and she is mine. I am her's. And after a time of not being in contact, we've had our experiences, and learned from them, be it successes, or mistakes, and we know more than ever that what we want is each other, and we are ready to commit to each other for the rest of this adventure.