What do I do about my ex?

My ex keeps telling me he can't move on. We broke up about eight months ago.. All he does is call me and text me. I don't mind being friends but it is a little annoying. Should I do something or am I hopeless?

55

Most Helpful Guy

• You can completely cut communications with him (block him on MySpace/Facebook/whatever).. that will take maybe a couple more months for him to get over you. He'll live in misery, but you won't have to deal with it.

Or you can take the nicer path, and annoy the hell out of him, until he doesn't like you anymore. This will help him get over you real quick.. although, it'll make you look bad.

So, if you don't want to deal with it-- go option one. If you want to make it easy for him-- go option two.

I'm sure there is some subject he is sensitive about.. Like (and these are just examples) abortion. Or religion. Or say, if he's black, say you would never date a black person. Or if he's white, say you only like black people, or hispanics.. or whatever.. It'll completely turn him off. Again, it makes you look bad and may not necessarily be true.. but it does the job. And it makes it a whole lot easier for him to move on.

"Lies are often much more plausible, more appealing to reason, than reality, since the liar has the great advantage of knowing beforehand what the audience wishes or expects to hear."

---Hannah Arendt

What Guys Said 4

• Exactly what Kayne said. No friendship can come out of this...ever agian. Help him move on by letting hiim know that you have moved on. Say NO to him,...and say no to drugs...lol

-MaxPrime

• You need to lay down the law. As much as you are fine with being friends, he is not. He will never be. You need to break it off completely, quit responding to him. In a way, it's like not scolding a puppy. He won't get the message until you start ignoring him.

In my experience, telling them that You do not want a relationship with them, and that you never will again helps. He needs closure to be able to move on. Give him it, and kick him to the curb. He will NEVER be able to be just friends with you. You just need to make it clear that you are done, and he needs to respect that. He is not respecting you or the break up by begging/badgering you about it. That shows he does not really even care about you as much as his hurt pride.

My 2 cents.

• Cease contact, be friends later. He's not ready yet, and he's proving it.

• Can you introduce him to someone else? I can totally understand the problem because, seriously, you are totally smokin' and I would also have trouble forgetting you even if I'd just held the door open for you.

What Girls Said 5

• Wow, 8 months is kinda a long time for him to still be hung up on you. -.-

Being friends wouldn't really solve anything because he obviously still has feelings for you so by you allowing a friendship would give him a glimmer of hope. It def. wouldn't help him to move on.

You should probably just cut all contact with him and hope he gets over you. It's probably going to be very hard for him to do that, but it makes things easier in the long run. It's good to let the old dreams die so in the future if you both decide to establish a strictly platonic relationship, you can do so with no mixed feelings (on his part mostly). Good luck!

• i've been in this situation for alomst a year and he stopped he still txts or something here and there but before it was daily now its once in a blue moon..and he moved on some what...i just stopped texting him back I would only txt sometimes if he would say something like I want you back he would get no answer if it was like how are you I would reply

• Stop communication for a while, you guys might be able to be friends later, but its to early to tell, seems like he needs more time, he must have really loved you...

you need space, so does he, he just doesn't want space, you need you cut him off because I don't think it sound like its ganna stop any time soon

good luck

• ignore him. stop taking his calls and texts, its harder for him to move on if he's in contact with you

• just cut off all communications. no texts, no calls, no emails, block him if you have to