Marriage is the #1 cause for divorce. Do you agree?

• Yes
  • No

925

Most Helpful Guy

• As much as birth is the #1 cause of death.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 24

• Just as much as life is the cause of death.

• It's also the cause of long, happy marriages.
    My mom and dad have been happily married for 63 years.
    My first marriage ended in divorce.
    I fully expect to be happily married to my present wife until the day I die.
    You takes your chances when you make the leap.

• I wouldn't say marriage would be the cause of the divorce itself. It's the stuff happening within the marriage. Having said that, if you don't get married, how can you ever get divorced?

• i think women marrying primarily for money/lifestyle and men marrying primarily for sex is the cause.

you're looking for friendship and someone you can depend on..

its also geenrational... people who come from broken homes are much more likely to end it when things go sour... its what they watched as they grew up

• How else would a divorce take place? This is a dumb poll

• you're dumb. Thats why your mho is at 0% and xper at 1 and your profile pic a catfish. Bye boy

• This was my first thought as well! Glad I'm not the only one 😂

• lollolololo @ConsultantIsBack
      #miscpolice

• That doesn't make any sense lmao. In order to get a divorce, you need to be married. I would say money is the #1 reason due to diviorces. A 50% divorce rate where 69% of women initiate it and guys get taken to the cleaners. No benefit for a man to get married.

• Selfishness is the #1 cause of divorce. People placing their own self-interests above that of the collective (i. e. their partners as well). If you behave like a singleton in a marriage then don't be surprised if it ends in divorce.

• I mean logically, yes, if you aren't married then you can't get divorced

• Studies have shown that people who breathe and drink water all die.

• Never knew that thanks for the info :)

• This is a stupid poll. Anyways the reason why so many marriages fail because I once heard someone on TV say that marriage is like tending a garden, it requires work with both parties. Communication is key. A lot of girls today just scream divorce if the marriage hits a rough patch, so it gets a little hard you quit? Do you quit making dinner because you accidentally burnt the steak?

• Wow. I'd never heard that one. Sort of a devastating line.

• Well, you DO need to be married to get divorced...

• No people rushing into marriage causes divorces.
    There are plenty of successful marriages that are based on mutual understanding in which the couples didn't rush things or just had instant chemistry that worked out for them.

• Actually, cheating is - not divorce. Cheating isn't just physical. It's also emotional, mental, and spiritual.

• You only say marriage is the #1 cause of divorce because you've probably never seen or heard of a couple who were married until they died.

• Im cooked out of my head brah you know what i meant

• @Ruaware97 I guess you are cooked out of your head. Actually, I'm not sure I know what you mean.

• logical? no. it's the fact that you need to marry to get divorced + the fact that marriage doesn't make the world turn into a fairýtale

• divorce is the #1 cause of divorce

• No, i mean obviously you won't go through a divorce if you dont marry, but its not the cause of most divorces. Probably cheating, addiction, and financial problems would be the main causes.

• LOL I guess...

• A required state cannot be a cause.

• LMFAO 😂 yes obviously I mean have u seen a divorce without marriage 😂

• It's the first and biggest prerequisite to getting divorced, so of course.

• I think people rush to commit. They should live together for a while like a test drive marriage

• Cheating is the number one cause for divorce

• It is an indisputable statistical fact that women are the #1 cause of divorce.

What Girls Said 8

• lol you're kidding right? oh my gosh you people are just. . .

• No, there can be happy marriages as well as people that stayed in rocky marriages (even when they should have been divorced a long time ago).

If I were ever married, for me that tops main reasons for an immediate divorce are:
    - He cheats on me
    - He hits me or dares get in a my face in such an aggressive manner

• No way, Jose!

• surprise surprise! 100% of the divorced couples used to be married, strong correlation!

• ... I do believe you're on to something here...

• NO IT HAD TO BE MORE!

• Hmmmm... if a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it... does it make a sound?

• Yes CURSE YOU MARRIAGE and curse you Dinkleberg!