My Ex-GF says she loves me more than anything, then the next day asks for space and time to heal and that she doesn't owe me anything. WHAT?

My ex and I were together for a year. Lived together for the last 3 months. Our relationship was phenomenal for the first 10 months. Short story, I lost my job, got depressed and started to distance myself from her a bit. We worked very different hours so didn't see each other a lot but I still could of been a little more open about my feelings. 1 week before our 1 year anniversary and cruise we were suppose to go on, she told me to move out. I was confused, mad and stubborn. So I moved out found a place. The entire next month we texted told each other how much we loved each other and missed each other. She told me she loves me more than anything. I text her the next day to see if I could come talk to her and she basically told me that she is going through A LOT of family problems and if I was a good boyfriend I could of been there for her but I'm not so no I can't come over. I then apologized and told her I am still here for her. She then said that she needs space and time to heal so please let me be selfish and give me space because I don't owe you anything. This was 5 weeks ago. I tried contacting her a few times, got nothing in response, now I'm about 20 days into no contact and still dont know. I know she is drinking a lot and staying out late and I think hanging out with a guy from work. What does this mean? What do I do? Is this lost? I love this girl so much and I have taken responsibility for the break up. She is only 21, I'm 27, is she just unsure what she wants. She said she saw a future with me and could see us getting married.

01

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• Get the fuck over her, that's what. STOP contacting her, it only makes you look pathetic.

It's over. Move on.

• The problem with that is I dont want to move on yet. I know I will have to at some point but it is still to early to just give up on this girl. I really love her and I dont want her back because of my ego or to feel like I need to win. I'm giving her space because thats what she asked for, and I'm hoping its making her miss me some and I'm not contacting her. At some point though I will contact her because I'll need to know where she stand and at THAT point I will move on. But I'm not giving up on her yet.