Can anyone let me know why I've been having intense stomach pain and heartburn since summer?

The pain is so severe that it makes it difficult to breathe. The heartburn started happening this past summer, and then sometime last semester, I started getting really intense stomach pain. It may be totally unrelated, but for the last few years, I've been getting excruciating pain located in my chest and sides, but it hurts most when it's nearest to my heart. It happens at seemingly random times of the day, and of the month, but it literally knocks the wind out of me. But so far as I can tell, the pain in my stomach usually only happens right after I wake up for class. When it's really bad, I stay home or go in late because it doubles me over even though I'm already laying down and the only relief I can get has been from sleeping it off by staying extremely still. Usually, it's a very concentrated pain in my sternum area that's usually constant and throbs a lot like a really bad headaches. I had it again this morning when I woke up, only it was different this time because the pain seemed to move all inside my stomach, and it's a sharp, hot pain that just makes you want to clutch your stomach, cry, and when really really bad, scream. I don't know what's going on, but I'm wondering if anyone knows what it could be before I go in to see a doctor on campus. On another note, I think for the last couple of weeks, I've been experiencing UTI-like symptoms, so I'm getting really concerned. I'm really trying not to be a baby about this, but the pain is really starting to affect my physical and emotional well-being. All help is appreciated.

33

Most Helpful Guy

• Do you know of any female reproductive problem in your family. During menstration does the pain get worse or better. You're pain sounds like Dysmenorrhoea, but you're doctor would have to make that diagnosis. I would see you're Ob/Gyn first. If you're Ob/Gyn rules out any problems with your reproductive system, I'd see a GI doctor.

• The UTI symptoms stopped several days ago, right around when the pain started occurring, and I've been feeling the pain off and on since then. The pain feels like it's predominately located in my stomach. I felt it more to the side today and it felt like I was being pricked with needles. I've decided to go see a doctor right away on campus.

• If you urine turns brown, go to the ER. I don't want to scare you, but the pricked feeling is a sign of kidney failure. If you're urine turns brown, if you see blood in your urine, go to the ER.

What Guys Said 2

• It doesn't sound UTI, it sounds like GI, very much sounds like a gallbladder problem.

• It seems like it's happening right before my time of the month, but it doesn't feel like cramps at all.

I'm very familiar with those, and that's not it. As for what the UTI, that went away, but the pain is still there. It's been off and on the last few days. : (

• Chron's/ ibs is what I have. I bleed through my mouth and my stomach has ulcers and it progressed to my bladder inflaming it. go see a doctor and get an endoscopy and colonscopy

• I'm sorry to hear that. : (

I don't think that's what it is. I don't bleed through my mouth...

What Girls Said 3

• Do you still have your appendix? Other than that it could be something in your uninary tract or kidneys? Get checked out seriously.

• You should definitely go straight to the doctor. Sounds like it could be stomach ulcers but there is no way to know for sure without an exam. The UTI could be something totally unrelated. Good luck and feel better dear.

• I think you have an ulcer.