Giving a gift to my ex?

So a long story short i got dumped and its been sometime since and about a month before the breakup i went out of my way to surprise her with a small gift (2 pairs of really cool socks and an album of her favorite band). So my queston is it a good idea to give it to her as a way of closure and moving on? As i dont want to keep it or give it to anyone else.

310

Most Helpful Girl

• No, she's not going to interpret it that way, so I wouldn't.

Most Helpful Guy

• Most likely you should not give it to her. However, it depends on your break up and what lead to it. Were you going down a bad path and your girlfriend breaking up with you made you realize that you need to get your life in order? If thats the case then yes you can give it to her and say its a thank you for getting your life back on track and leave it at that. Dont say its because you love her or miss her. Simply just say that you wanted to give her a little thank you gift for what she did. Breaking up is never easy, and sometimes they do it because they see you becoming something you're not. If its not that, then no dont give it to her. If you broke up because you were arguing or cheating then definitely just throw it out. But if you were turning to drugs or alcohol and this wasn't your normal behavior, then you can present it in that way.

What Girls Said 2

• donate! if you give t to her she will think you want her back!

• Put them on eBay. Unless you're trying to reconcile...

What Guys Said 9

• No no no. How is this closure? Come on. Be honest. You still haven't given up hope have you? Being dumped sucks. But really just throw that stuff away. You don't have to do anything for her. Let her go her way and you, yours. Move on, bro. Its for your own good.

• It sounds like a way of trying to hang on to the past. Do you need me to elaborate on that thought?

• No, you return it for a refund and forget her! Get yourself something nice! That is closure!!!

• Mate, she dumped you. Definitely do not reward her !!!
    Throw it away, or just give it to someone else

• No way should you get her anything.

• Give it to someone she hates.

• Brother my ex have birthday she dumped me it's been 6 month from now I post a birthday cake but she didn't reply me yet

• No just return it

• No- you will seem desperate. Return the items.