My ex turned up at my door unannounced and I'm now feeling sad again. How to move on again?

My ex and I were together for 7 months, not long but it was a very intense 7 months and I fell madly in love with him. He broke up with me because he felt I was too immature and went out partying too much. We split at the end of May but agreed to have a casual relationship where we could see other people. This went on for about 5 months up until 6 months ago. During the 5 months we were meeting up twice a week, hanging out, cooking dinner, having drinks and he would stay and we'd sleep together. I was still very much in love with him during this time but I felt him distancing himself and when I asked him he said he'd been going on dates with another girl. That's where it ended.

Up until Friday I had been no contact for 6 weeks and was genuinely feeling much happier and thought I was over it. Friday night he appeared at my door, he was drunk. I asked what he wanted he said to see if I was alright, I replied that I was fine, that he wasn't getting inside my house and I closed the door. Ten minutes later he knocked again, said he had made a mistake so I stupidly let him in. He told me he missed me, hasn't felt the same way about anyone else and kept repeating that he was very concerned that I would have sex with one of his friends?

He asked if he could stay, I once again stupidly agreed. We were lying in bed cuddling and he told me he'd missed me, that it didn't feel right with the girl he was seeing and that he compares everyone to me.

We had sex like all night. He left the next morning, gave me a kiss and said thanks for letting me in. I didn't hear from him all day yesterday. So last night I asked him where I stood since he was saying some pretty heavy stuff. He said he wasn't sure if it was a good idea to come over or not and that things were a blur and he asked what he said, I told him and asked if he meant it, he replied that he did. He said that he's cautious about jumping into things again cause he's scared we get hurt.

Do I leave him alone?

10

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Run. He's using you for sex.

• I have a feeling this is the case yes. Although he swears that's not the case. My own stupid fault for sleeping with him but it's hard when feelings are still there :(