What was the longest relationship you have had so far before breaking up?

This is specifically for and Only count for those serious/commited relationships. 1 night stands and friends with benefits ("fuck buddies") even if it's been for a long time before splitting are excluded.

Divorces included. Also, specify if it's a long distance relationship.

1512

Most Helpful Girl

• A few years on and off

• Breakup, get back together, breakup again, get back together again, and breakup again...

Was that kind of how it turned out so far?

• What a disloyal asshole he was huh? Gosh I don't understand why can't some of these guys just be straight up and honest about it already. If they have urges and shit can't they just be open about discussing the possibility or even look for some open relationships instead of lying to their significant others and going behind their backs on it. Cause it seems like he has a commitment problem jumping from 1 girl to the next or the next and so on without being able to make up his mind and be totally clear and honest about what he wanted and expected from the relationship he started with you in the first place.

• Yeah, he still has commitment issues too.

Most Helpful Guy

• Nine and 1/2 years married.
    Together for 11 years, all of them happy.
    Second marriage for both me and @GraySailorsBride.
    We will be together until one of us dies.

• ✌😌👍

• I upvoted by the way. Its nice to here things like these once in a while.

What Girls Said 14

• My current one celebrated turning 4 years old in October. It is long distance during the school year and "normal" during the summer.

The longest one aside from that was 9 months and was back in 2008 from 8th grade to 9th grade.

• 2 months and going hard 😂😂😂 HARDDDD

• Well the longest relationship I've had is the one I'm currently in. Been together since 29th May 2012 and am engaged so just a little after 3.5 years - lives 10 minutes away.

But my second longest relationship was one that lasted 2 years and it was long distance.

My third longest was 2 months, long distance.

• Going on 3 years in 11 days❤️

• Two years and going strong. <3

• I meant for those relationships that have already ended that's why I said "before" breaking up. But it's all good. I wish you good luck. And if things still did not work out in the end even if both of you have already tried and did your best then take the best of what you have learned from each other and move forward so the next time when you are dating someone new and when you're in your next committed serious relationship you would then already have the necessary experience and the confidence to make it work

• A year and a half. We were engaged ~3 months when he dumped me.

• 0 days... ?

• Really? How does that actually happen? Because I have Never even heard of a serious committed relationship lasting less than 24 hours.

• I answered your question from the feed tbh so I only answered the title question. Sorry bout it.

• Currently 2 years and 7 months

• 5 years 😐😐😐 regret wasting my time 😕😔 i'm an idiot 😕

• If it was the first time it is bound to happen more often than not. I'm sure you've learned many or some important things and still had some good or fun experiences with that relationship right?

Don't be so hard on yourself. Mistakes always happen to everyone, it's impossible to never ever make any mistakes.

• 1 and a half years,

• 1 and a half year..

• Over 1 and a half years

• My longest relationship was 12 years. We were married for 11

• That would mean you first met your current husband and boyfriend at 23 and married sometime when you were 24 right?

• 2 months

...

What Guys Said 11

• The longest relationship with a breakup was with my 1st wife , 9 years 11 months and 18 days.
    The longes relationship to date is my present wife 17 years 4 months and 12 days lol.

• So far it's been turning out to be a frequent pattern that I had expected but wanted to ask about and confirm.

The First times are almost always the LEAST likely to be successful or last really long.

It's seems to me that First Relationships and/or even 1st Marriages are more of a learning experience kind of situation more than anything else for both partners, and even moreso if both partners had never been in ANY prior serious long term relationships.

So you had been together with your partner for about a decade for the first time, not bad. I guess you both had really really tried hard and then it just didn't worked out as over time both you and your wife has changed.

Your second relationship which is your current one has lasted almost twice as long as your previous one, so that means it's been more consistent than the first and you have learned a lot from your prior experience and your wife has been putting in as much effort as you have to keep your current relationship going.

• With the first one we did really well for the first 7 years or so. Then it got into a rocky patch , we did the counciling and such for about a year on and off then it got much worse whit arguing and the like. Then some where in the ninth year she decided to cheat on me. No amount of counseling can undo that especially in the state the marriage / relationship was already in. And I was her third marriage , so her track record spoke for its self ; it was my first marriage

• My longest relationship was never. Never had one. I've been lead on numerous times by numerous girls.

Kinda made me ask myself; is it me?

• Only common denominator. One would be led to believe so.

• Then maybe it was all in your head to start with.

• What do you mean, you've lost me?

• My longest relationship was 8 months.

• Almost three years, if on and off things count. Were together most of that time but we broke up at least three times.

• I was with a girl for over 3 years. We loved each other and we still do, but we realized we were not right for one another. It was hard but we are both better off. You're only 18. If I was you, I would not get serious about anyone right now. Nobody wants to meet the person that they're going to spend the rest of their life with at 18. Maybe 80 years ago, but nowadays it won't last and the pain and hurt will only be worse later on down the road.

• Lol actually I did not use my true birthday. Much older than that in real life. Older than you in fact. I've never been in any relationships or dated anyone much more preoccupied with other problems in life. I figured that for first relationsips regardless of whether they were serious or not is the relationship that is least likely going to last for lifetime and be a successful one. Just want to check and see to be certain. It does seem that it is very very rare compared to like you said about a century ago.

• The longest lasted a little over a year.

• 9 months and counting, we are serious about it for 18 year olds! Its stressful but we make it work! :)

• I meant for those relationships that have ended that's why I said "before" breaking up. But it's all cool and good man, I wish you good luck. And if things still did not work out in the end even if both of you have already tried and did your best then take the best of what you have learned from each other and move forward so when the next time you are dating someone new and in your next committed. serious relationship you would then already have the necessary experience and the confidence to make it work better.

• i am now in a relationship that has been going on for about 5 years

• 3 years.

What a journey.

• 3 years, ehhhh

• 2 years was the longest for me