Does talking to an ex at 3:00 AM constitute as cheating?

When I first met my boyfriend he was destroyed over his ex. She cheated on him with women (multiple times), and she cleaned him out when she left. I recently found out they were talking for 2 weeks. She said she was raped while they were together and that is why she cheated (yeah right). She got his attention. He let me see phone records, 13 hours of talking, sometimes while I was sleeping. Texts at 3AM, and for whole days on end. He said it didn't go further than this. I believe him. he said that since they had a 9 year relationship he was catching up. He said he's done catching up and won't do it again. Problem is that I feel like she took something from me - I feel betrayed.

40

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it was honest of him to sit you down and be like you know this is what's going on. He could of had all that chat time with her and not told you, witch would of been real betrayal. Also if it was a 9 year relationship then obviously, he's gonna still think about her sometimes, but he says he done, I would believe that and just move on. Obviously he wants you and not this other girl who cheating because she got raped? wtf, no she sounds like a liar, but don't worrie about her, she is crazy and he's probably done with her. You can't take back cheating and I'm sure he feels like she can't. So..that's what I think

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• Talking might not have been a good idea, but it's really not cheating unless something romantic was discussed, and even then it would just be an indiscretion, not cheating. DId you guys seriously talk about htis?

• how would you feel betrayed if they didn't even cheat?! a 9 year relationship is a pretty long time..u can't expect someone to be out of your life forever with tht kind of a relatinship... but txting at 3am is kinda sketchy tho

• It depend what you guys are saying.