GUYS PLEASE ADVISE! What does my ex-boyfriend truly wants?

We were best friends before we started dating. And then we grew apart after a long distance relationship.
For the past 2 years, he refused to speak to me and offered no explanation for the breakup. He got into a new relationship and then suddenly offered to communicate with me via email. It was definitely a surprise because of no contact for 2 years.
In his emails, he keeps mentioning about his "fiancee" although he is not engaged at all. At the same time, he would be helpful, cordial, and kind towards me.
What are his intentions?

11

What Guys Said 1

• It depends on the context on the emails. He is either interested in getting something from you, money for example. Or he's simply trying to get back on your good side so he can cheat on his current partner with you.

Either way, it's probably not a situation where anything good can come of it.

What Girls Said 1

• He may just want that friendship you two had back. What you need to ask yourself is, is this relationship going to stop you from growing as a person. If you're dwelling on the past just ask him, why did our relationship end and what do you want now. If he decides to stop talking to you, you should cope well because he was doing it for the past 2 years.