I told everyone on Facebook about my husbands affair at work. Good or bad idea?

What will likely happen to them now?

69

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't see how that is a "good" idea. I doubt anything will happen to them unless you can prove they did it at work. In that case they could be fired. If you were wanting to save your marriage you did exactly the wrong thing. If you just wanted to end the marriage and burn your bridges then I can see your reasoning for what you did. It did however make you look a bit crazy to anyone that read what you posted. The spouse seeking revenge never looks good.

You either need to just let it go and get divorced or get some sort of counseling. Just running around trying to hurt each other isn't going to work out well for either of you.

Most Helpful Girl

• bad... bcoz its ur personal life it should not be out in the open coz it just spoils ur family's name n everything... it would be better to sort everything out with him... though taking a really really close friend's help is fine but telling the entire world... i would never advise that. But whats done is done so find a way of fixing that... but if ur husband has seriously cheated on u then u need to take a divorce bcoz cheating on u once can cheat on u again... but another option is to change him to become a better person. best of luck :)

What Guys Said 8

• Why break it to everyone? Really, what business is it of theirs? There are plenty better ways to square with a cheater. This in one of the worst ways to deal with it.

• silly to air dirty washing

• True... if you decide later to work it out for whatever reason, everyone wants to put their 2ยข in.

• There isn't anything to work out. Both have been slagging me off for 10 months. She doesn't even know me. Which is why it's so bizarre. I couldn't go back after what he wrote

• I don't know why everybody wants to advertise their personal life online these days. It's like everybody thinks they're a celeb in the making and the whole world's waiting with baited breath for their next post. Nobody gives a shit. You're just another face and name in amongst billions. It behooves you to be more humble believe me. You should worry more about why he fucked about in the first place. Most men do it because they felt isolated by their partner in some sense. We aren't all senseless animals with our cocks doing all the thinking. Men can sense distance in a relationship as well. Sounds like you spend too much time staring at a screen and I don't even know you

• Do you mean an affair he had at work or you told your coworkers about his affair? Your post isn't exactly too clear.

• Told his coworkers

• I don't know seems unprofessional/petty on your part. Especially if his actions don't involve his employer and his capacity to do his job. I wouldn't be surprised if nothing happens to him.

• Seems a little too personal to just throw out there.
    Sure he's an asshole for it, but do you really want everyone knowing that you were cheated on?
    Just leave him to his own misery and move on.

• If you want him back bad move.
    If you dont, Good for you!
    I hate cheaters

• I hate your husband.

• He already has a wife, but he decides to go for other girls. I hate guys who do that. I would kill your husband.

• It was a very good idea! 10/10 for execution. I bet he feels like a fucker right now! Hahaha when will men learn 'HELL HATH NO FURY LIKE A WOMAN SCORNED"!!!

I bet he's shitting bricks bahahaha!

What Girls Said 5

• Never post in social media these type of situation, unless you are getting divorce that is another thing as you need support. But, marriage affairs keep it to yourself because if tomorrow you work things out with him you will look like a fool. As they say "keep at home the dirty laundry"

• Well, what will happen is that now your husband will no longer trust you, just like you no longer trust him. And depending on who he was sleeping with at work, he may lose his job as well.

• Honestly You shouldn't. I've done the same thing. And I regret doing it now. Say if there was a chance you guys could work out , you telling everybody what he's done makes it kinda impossible. Everyone will ask why. At the moment your pissed , upset of course want to make him look bad. But it's not the way to go about it. Telling everybody isn't going to do anything.

• Good for you let the world know he's a peice of shit

• It's trashy to air your dirty laundry on social media. Fights are meant to be between two people, not have every person you know watching it unfold as a spectator on their newsfeed.