I can't get past him.

I don't know what to do. Me and my "ex" are on a break, but I have recently found out he's going out with someone else now after telling me he wasn't and that we were "still together". He's also cheated on me time and time again and lied so much, and even puts me down. Just doesn't appreciate me and I have given him the world. This guy is horrible; the funny thing is though, I can't get past him. No, I definitely do not want to be with him again. I just can't get past it, I love him, or at least I feel like I do. Just help, please...how do I move on...any success stories or ANYTHING. Why can't I get over this JACKASS?!

22

Most Helpful Girl

• I was in a very similar situation where I just could not get over this guy but he was a complete and utter d***. The way I got over him? I sat down one day, pulled out a notebook, and wrote down all the good things from our relationship. Then I turned to the next page and wrote down all the bad things he did to me. Then on the third page I wrote down what I really deserved from a boyfriend. I tried to immerse myself in anything I could after that... school, sports, I hung out with my girls, anything I really could find to do I threw myself into. Eventually, everything I was doing was able to distract me from my feelings for him and helped me get over him. But I am human and I did have my weak points when I just wanted to go back to him. When these moments came I would pull out the book and read through it. It reminded me of why he was a d*** and why he didn't deserve me. You're ex is an asshole if he doesn't appreciate you. You deserve a man who won't cheat on you, will treat you right, and never lies to you... and HE'S OUT THERE! Don't give up just keep looking.

• Aww, that's great advice! thank you! I'll use your techniques.

What Guys Said 2

• I once had a girlfriend who cheated on me, and after deciding to take her back, she cheated on me again. I still cared for her but I knew being with her would only make things worse for me. I'm not going to lie and say "If you do this, then everything will be fine!" because nothing is going to make the pain go away instantly. Nor will running to someone else to fill the void. Just be strong, and over time the pain will subside and eventually be gone forever. It sucks, I know, but just hang in there!

• Hey, Thank you so much, everything you said is very true!

• i am 100% with you one this...and really...the only thing and best thing...keep busy...do whatever you can do to keep busy...if its cleaning...going out with the girls...finding another guy to keep ur mind of things...or shopping...or even get a 2nd job...the busier you are the less you think about him...and with time it will slowly go away...but of course the main things...is no more contacted with him

• Yeah definitely, thank you!!

What Girls Said 1

• Feeling' are tricky. They can be very misleading. Maybe you have some ideas about love that led to those feelings. Maybe you become attached to him. Whatever the reason, stop focusing on your feelings and focus on the reality of the situation. See how for who he is. If he can't treat you right then why should he deserve your love? He doesn't. No you won't get over him overnight but in time it will get better. Just know you are 1000 times better off without him.

• Ugh, yes, definitely. Thank you!