Why is my ex acting like this?

So my boyfriend and I dated for two years, we were two peas in a pod, and we got along so well. However, towards the end of our relationship, we began to fight and lowkey break up, plus there was trust issues. I always felt like him and his good girl friend liked each other, and so that's why I broke up with him. Later to find out (from her, herself) that she actually doesn't like him. Anyways, two weeks ago we saw each other and he came up and hugged me and said he missed me (btw, the break up was a pretty bad one with anger and hate and things like that) the next day we had lunch (he asked if we could as friends) so we did and we kinda talked about getting back together, hooked up, and then afterwards he said he hopes that I don't get my hopes up. The next day he said he didn't want to be in a relationship. Now, whenever we see each other he avoids looking at me and the other day he was texting me for homework, and I sent him a bunch of stuff and he was being really nice and stuff. But, I'm still confused about his feelings towards me because he's being so hot and cold about everything. So today I texted him asking if we could get lunch and he legit said no. I asked him why he was being so rude and he said "I'm not" and I never responded. I don't understand how he can text me and be friendly, and then in person not want anything to do with me. Plus, it makes me regret saying yes to having lunch w him and giving him homework. Why is he being like this? And what should I do?

10

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Do you want to get back together with him? Because, he doesn't seem to want to do that. He's probably looking for a friends with benefits kinda deal. That's why he said not to get your hopes up and turned you down for lunch. He doesn't want to have a relationship with you.

• So, two days ago, he randomly texted me asking why I wanted to have lunch with him. I waited about 15 minutes to reply and said "it was nothing" he then responded immediately saying "I know but still" 20 minutes pass and I didn't respond and he texts back "?" I respond "it was nothing" then immediately texts back, "ok well I was just trying to be nice and hear what u had to say but k" and I never responded. Then like 2 hrs later he randomly likes my ig pic that I posted a couple days before. Now I'm so confused and he hasn't texted me since, I don't know what he's doing or feeling rn honestly.

• That's the smartest and best thing to do right now. Hope things work out for you. 😊

• Thank you! And lol this morning he texted me first apologizing for being rude to me these past days lol.. ugh boys are so confusing haha