Girls, if a guy has lost her trust and has to talk with her one last time to change her mind, what do you think his best response could be?

I'd like to know what would win you over and make someone worth forgiving in a conversation...

6

Most Helpful Girl

• If you make it clear that her FEELINGS and HOW SHE FEELS is important to you, you will always succeed. Girls don't care much for logic. Sharing, understanding and respecting emotions is key. Kind of like a guy's ego. A girl's feelings are the same. She can be very sensitive if she thinks you're shrugging off her emotions (ridiculous as they may seem).

1. Listen: One way to enable this. 'Let's talk. I want to understand what you're feeling exactly.' Women share emotions through talking. Make sure you're giving her your full attention. No multitasking here or it will backfire.

2. Understand: In order to show that you understand you need to confirm it verbally or with body language. Simply looking attentively at her will convey this. Do little or no talking. If you must speak say, 'Wow... so that's how you felt.' And look like you really mean it. Nod and be engaged. Don't just look like drywall or like you're mentally spacing out, cus she'll think you're not listening and if you're not listening, how the heck are you supposed to understand or confirm. You can say 'Wow, you have the right to be angry. Anyone would be angry about that. I was a freaking idiot and didn't realize how much that could affect/hurt you.' (saying things passionately will earn you extra credit, but be careful that it doesn't sound fake).

3. Relate: *Passionately* (emotion is key here) relate something that made you feel similarly upset/sad/betrayed whatever. Just be sure to give her credit for being more upset over her situation, lest you belittle her. If you sound nonchalant, or say that your experience wasn't a big deal and you got over it, this will also backfire.

To do all 3 in one session, is like the ultimate compliment for any woman.

I was upset at my brother, basically chewing him out and he stopped what he was doing, listened and then said 'i know exactly how you feel bla blabla, and that really pissed me off... bla bla and he was feeling pretty strong about it. I was completely dumbstruck and my anger melted away completely.

If you have an ugly habit, be careful because it can make it seem like you're disregarding her feelings by continuing to do it. If you're still struggling to remember to do or NOT do this habit, in the meantime just assure her that her feelings are really important to you, but you're a doofus and you keep forgetting this/that task. Beg her to be patient with you. And encourage her to vent whenever she feels frustrated.

She won't know what to do.

What Girls Said 5

• Entirely depends on what he did.

• Actions speak louder than words you have to show her something

• Well, what did you do? It depends on that mostly.

• Well honestly, you need to have a look at yourself and what you want before answering this question. Do you know why you lost her trust? If yes, then are you genuinely sorry it happened? If so, then dont just say 'I am sorry" (and i suggest eye contact here) but think about what you can do to start taking steps towards showing your sincerity. Make some suggestions about what you can do, then ask her for others. This shows you have thought about it, you want her trust back (note I said her trust. You need this back before you get HER back).

And if she still refuses, she might still be hurting. Do those things anyway and KEEP trying. Make sure she can see that you are trying even without her needing to dangle herself as the proverbial carrot.

Best of luck dude. This is coming from a woman who wishes her ex had tried. If your lady is worth better than the 'too hard basket' then do what you can to keep her.

• Trust needs to be earned, so it depends on what I'm forgiving him for. Some things are unforgivable. The only way to win me over is to explain to me why he broke my trust. I don't usually waste my time on people who waste my faith and trust