How to let go? And how long will it take?

It's been a year since my breakup and honestly it still hurts sometimes. A month after our breakup he got another girl pregnant. We were together 4 years and of course we had our arguments. We were engaged twice. The first time I called it off and I regret it now. I found that he was talking about having sex with a girl a week before he asked me and I called it off because I didn't think the proposal was genuine if he could be asking to sleep with a girl a week before asking me to marry him. At the same time I wasn't ready because we had only been together 6 months, so I called it off. Throught the relationship we argued and broke up for a week and got back together on and off. He would still flirt with other girls and after awhile I started to text other guys. I just don't know how much longer he's still going to be on my mind. Honestly I still care for him, but I know he has a kid now. How do I just let him go?

41

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly it seems like he was uncommitted. It is certainly time to move on.

Most Helpful Girl

• There will always be that one ex that you'll always love and care for even if you didn't stay in touch and even if things ended badly. You'll always wonder how they're doing, what's going on in their life, if they're seeing anyone etc. it's just something you learn to cope with over time. It's okay to care as long as you know your boundaries and you don't let that hold you back from living your life and being happy.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 3

• Obviously it's going to hurt, the trust that you took long to built up has just gone. You've got to ask yourself a question, are you ready to look after another kid. Do you care for him that much that you can take a child from another women. I think that you should set boundrys, don't speak to him a while. Clear your mind, stay away from him and think. Take a hot bath, relax and think. Even going on holiday and shutting your phone of could help you think.

• He sounds like a bad guy for you if you're always worried about him cheating. It will probably take a few monthes of zero contact to get over him. And I mean zero contact and actively trying to date/talk to other guys.

• I liked a guy for 2 years n I'm trying to get over him... this year I've been trying to let go... really long... can't count... WHY CAN'T I GET OVER HIM!!!😭