How/when do you know that you're completely over someone? How long does it take for you?

Are there any signs? Is it over when you stop crying? Or shave your beards? (I'm not sure how guys act after a breakup) Or when you stop stalking your ex on social media?

105

Most Helpful Guy

• You are completely over a person when you no longer care one way or the other what they think about you. For me it has been anywhere from under an hour to a few years depending on how things were.

Most Helpful Girl

• When you stop stalking them on social media.
    When you're indifferent if they love or like someone else more then you.
    When their opinion about you is irrelevant to you.
    When you're not sexually attracted to them anymore.

What Guys Said 4

• Well the longest it took for ME was a year to get over a breakup, and it was when I was around 25. It was a situation where she became very "bitchy" after having a fun dating relationship with her for over a year. She offered no explanation and I had to leave the relationship. I had no sense of "closure" because the whole thing didn't make sense and she didn't want to talk about it. Because I didn't get "closure" it was on my mind for a long time and I felt confused. // Too me I knew I was over it when I wasn't thinking about it very much anymore and I didn't need to have the reason for the breakup figured out. I just felt that I had moved on. That and the next girlfriend I got was 100 times worse and overshadowed the other one. LOL! // Many years later I did look up the one I had dated for over a year, and I found that she had become a lesbian and was actually married to another woman and they have an adopted daughter. So that might have explained her mood at that point way back, as she might have been trying to come to grips with her sexuality? But wow she was attracted to ME! LOL... Fun times while it lasted.

• every guy is different really. its all in the mind and the way guys take things. The first thingi do is delete your contant from my phone so i won't call you. I avoid everywhere there's a possiblity of us meeting. . I will stop everything that i used to do with you and for you and because of you. For me its not about what i will do but what i won't do

• Just till I find another hotter chick

• Depends too much on what type of relationship it was - and what I'm doing in my life at that moment. Usually, it's taken me about at least a year every time

What Girls Said 9

• Yes there are signs, but there isn't a time frame. I loved my ex, 1st serious boyfriend who didn't care about me. I cried almost a whole week after. I went from hanging out w/him almost everyday to not seeing him at all (I haven't seen him since the break up). My break through came about 2 weeks ago when I got excited about a good looking guy w/out feeling sad. Life doesn't stop after a break up, you need to go on. My ex doesn't never deserved any feelings from me and I know that after our break he was prob already flirting up girls/sleeping w/someone. I have been doing my own things, got a better job, I'm working on myself and spending time w/friends/family.

• If you're okay with him/her having a girlfriend.
    Regards of time it takes to get over someone, it really depends on situation.
    Sometimes, if its a right persone, you never get over him/her. While sometimes you don't even care about person you once though you couldn't live without.

• I think you are completely over someone when you are completely happy with someone else and too busy with the importance of the new life you have to be thinking of anything else.

• Okay, I haven't had any breakups.
    But the way I know I'm over my crush is when I stop constantly stalking them on social media, yes. That's a good way to tell for me personally.

• You should stop talking to them over social media anyway. It's not just one thing. For me, I would have days where I realized I haven't thought of him at all. Sometimes I still have days where I am angry or sad, but they barely happen anymore, so I would say I am almost completely over him.

• It take me how ever long It need to take me!

• It depends how much affection u had on that person. If be is just a crush then few hours and if u had a serious relationship then maybe months or years.

• I just broke up with a guy a few days ago. I knew I was over him a month ago, but like an idiot I tried to make it work. Finally, we talked and I told him it was over. He was pissed, called a lot of names...

Glad it is over. Time to move on.

• when you can think about them without experiencing a surge of emotions.