Would you let your most recent ex sleep at your place if they became homeless?

If not, why?

718

Most Helpful Guy

• Yea sure, would be happy for her to stay for a little while.

I don't really leave any relationship burning with hatred and grudges. We're simple friends now.

What Guys Said 17

• Not while shelters exist I wouldn't

• Yeah for a few days, a week at maximum just so she could get her shit together. Mostly because I know she would do the same for me and our break up wasn't horrible.

• No, because that's a huge cockblock.

I'd help her find somewhere else to stay though... maybe call in a favor with a mate or something.

• I'm kind, but not that kind. She slapped one of my sisters before we broke up, and I would never, ever, have her near me again.

• This happened to me when i was homeless for a few weeks. I stayed at hers half the time and my friends the other half

• Only if they are not smoking and not doing drugs and not drinking.

• Probably not. Too damaging for me

• Only if I got to fart on her face every night.

• Definitely not! I wouldn't lose any sleep if she became homeless. I broke up with her for a reason lol.

• Yes because we are practically best friends now lol

• what? homeless? what happened to the guy?

• I have no idea, it's not important for the question, but we'll say his girlfriend dumped him for a rich guy and threw him out her house...

• It is important in terms of you need to know where he's coming from before opening up your house to him. Would I help someone in distress? Yes. Let that person (an ex of all possible people around) sleep in my couch? It really depends on what kind of moment they are.

• Sure, as long as they don't cause any trouble.

• Do you know my ex lol

• No that's why I'm asking lol ;)

• I stay at hers now and again. Sleep with her too. We've kinda got used to the fact we dont fit anymore but she still can't resist this old charmer 😉

• There is no way. She burned her bridges when she left. She cheated on me, and hurt be financially, before she walked out on me. If we had left on a more mutual bases then maybe I would be open to it, but she planned for months to screw me over. A week after she left I got a bunch of final notices in the mail from the bills she was suppose to be paying. That means she had been planning to leave for months and screw me over like that.

• Yeah. Probably the worst relationship I've ever had but she's still a person and she didn't ever do anything that would make me afraid to let her live in my house. She's a good person.

• Yes I would.
    I would let stay in one my houses.

• Stay temporarily, but not permanently if we were on good terms and I wasn't seeing someone.

What Girls Said 7

• No. He's has serious aggression issues. I broke up with him because, with the way he was starting to behave, I starting to wonder if he would ever turn it on me.

Plus the daily pot smoking, cigarettes, constant alcohol abuse, general lack of cleanliness and care for material things, and drunk fighting would never be allowed in my apartment.

... Any other ex, sure. But sleep on the couch, and don't talk to me unless necessary.

• Yeah, because we only lasted a month and didn't go further than kissing anyway. He would know that I have another boyfriend, that we have a much stronger and longer relationship than my ex and I ever did, and my ex is a pretty docile nerd anyway. Sure he'd be annoying to live with, but it probably wouldn't be much different than having a little brother (even though he's a few months older than me).

• If were allowed (my parents would say no) then ya

• Nope because more then likely my ex would take me for granted again.

• I haven't got any exes. But if my relationship now were ever to end, of course Id let him stay. I care about him far too much to want him on the streets.

• No I would call a friend of his.
    If there were no other option, then yes.

• No. He sexually assaulted me. Definitely not welcome in my house.