How do you if you genuinely loved an ex bf/gf?

Its been 7 months and I still think about him everyday.
He was really nice through everything, I can't find any reason to hate him no matter how hard I try. I really cared about him, and he knew.

I guess real feelings don't just go away and getting over it is really hard because your heart still has love for the person even though you've tired your brain into thinking otherwise. You might fool yourself for a while, but the truth is always felt by your heart; whether clear or hidden.

Share your opinion or stories.

12

What Guys Said 2

• I'll attempt to answer your question, as I don't think it's particularly definitive in any way. There is no telling signs really if you did or not, but I think it's just a feeling you have.

• same here, except she cheated & I still miss her. How pathetic is that?

What Girls Said 1

• Hey, I just wanna let you know that you're not alone in this.

My ex and I have broken up due to distance, and we were on more than 80% no contact since he left last year, and we just reconnected recently.

I still love him but it seems like he is seeing someone new who lives a lot nearer to him right now, but we made promises to stay friends.

One of the things I'd never do for anyone else. It pains me to think he's seeing someone else, but he deserves to be happy too.