How do you deal with this?

How do you deal with being just as miserable nine months after a breakup as the day it happened? How do you get closure when there was no closure? Just more and more distance until I broke up with him after an 8 mo. amazing relationship and him saying 'you love me more than i love you'...

how do you get over someone you can;t live without? i dont want what we had with anyone else ever... that's how much i love him still...

and after 9 mo. of misery after breaking up do you think a person needs to see someone for help? this can't be normal to cry everyday over someone who doesn't even talk to you. i just needed closure - some kind of explanation.

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Go out and have fun with your friends. Dont be alone. Dont have time to think about him. Make yourself busy. Delete him from everything. Date other guys. Doesn't mean you need to be in a relationship just have fun right now. Focus on yourself

Most Helpful Girl

• I was with this guy for a little over a year and then he dumped me and moved away. This was about 3 years ago. I was devastated when he left and cried all the time. I loved him and I thought we would get married but he didn't feel quite the same. Recently I found out he got married. It did hurt a little but I didn't cry and was genuinely happy for him. I do miss what we had and I haven't yet found it with someone else but I believe that I will. You kinda have to make a conscious decision to move on. It's like when you're dieting. Maybe you really want brownies, but you know it's not good for you, so you reach for grapes instead. I forced myself to go out with guys, hang out with friends, and focus on myself and my own happiness. Over time it got better but I had to make that decision everyday to not dwell on it. A part of me will always care for him but I've moved on. One day you will look up and realize that you've moved on too :)

What Guys Said 2

• Did you try asking that person for closure? come on, I mean what kind of a person will not even give you a closure? seems strange?

Surely you deserve a closure.

• Sometimes closure is not an option. Try and move on and live your life. Stop focusing on losing him, and focus on yourself

What Girls Said 1

• Ultimately, you probably aren't going to get any closure. And that sucks but at the same time, you could just chock it up to him being an ass... If he said 'you love me more than I love you' then he probably wasn't worth your time anyway. And that is probably going to be insanely hard to accept but it may be the only way you can move on. Anyone who says something like that at the end of a relationship is very insecure and just trying to save face.
    Go have some fun with friends and get your mind off him. Someone like that isn't worth it.
    But don't be mad or too regretful, smile because it happened and remember the good times.