My boyfriend of four years has cheated on me in the last month. He was my first relationship and I don't know what to do?

I know I have to move but it kills me to know he's hurt me like this :( how could he do this to me? I've supported him with everything he needs and wants
I don't know how to not live without him I've been crying for hours and I need help :( he was literally the only guy I've spoken to because I never did anything behind his back to hurt him. I've never cheated on him and it makes me feel like I wasted my time,

28

Most Helpful Guy

• Leave ASAP and you do not owe him an explanation for doing so, just go. Don't talk to him, don't call him, text him, or even send a damn smoke signal. Do whatever you can short of making yourself feel awkward to avoid the guy, and if you really want to reach out to him, call a friend who will lend an ear instead. Break it off.

He will likely do it again being that he obviously took you for granted in the first place.

You will go through this pain, you will probably feel like you are not good enough or can't do better, but a good woman that puts into and nurtures her relationships can do so much better.

It seems like you have known no-one and nothing else, take this time to take good care of you instead of someone else for a while. You might feel lonely at-first but you will eventually realize you did the right thing.

Most Helpful Girl

• As much as it hurts here, dear, and will kill your Inside to take the Ride, you Need... To Move on now.
    Start the New year off right and break this off. I see a Full Circle Problem Pattern with this Cheat sheet and he will Never Change.
    You are way too deserving a girl to have to put up with a liar and a loser. He will always break your heart, he has Already Killed your relationship, and I would rather be Alone, than be with Someone who Mistakes my love and kindness for Weakness.
    He may be the First for many things, but believe this Wise ol Owl... He will Not be the last.
    No, sweetie, Never 'Wasted my time.' It was just One of Many life's little lessons in life and in love to have Learned A... Valuable Lesson: Don't think Twice again to be Nice when Thinking of unloading a loser who Did this behind your back.
    Good luck and my blessings for the new year. xx

What Guys Said 7

• truly sucks. i know the feeling... just put one foot in front of the other and try to move on. surround yourself with friends, family and love

• I'm sorry. That sucks. Four years is a long time. But I'm sorry, you don't have much of a choice than to move on unless you'd rather hurt yourself again. Your relationship will never be the same. Move on.

• I'm so sorry, you deserve better and you are young and will still find that someone

• I am cheating on my girlfriend as well. You just need to get over it.

• You should break up with him

• what happened?

• So is there a question here

• I'm asking for advice on my current situation

• there's no actual question here, just a complaint

What Girls Said 1

• I can definitely relate. I was with my ex for 4 1/2 years, and I never cheated. I never had any proof, but I felt he cheated on me. It was a verbally abusive relationship. The worst part about it, we had a child together. I wanted a family, but I got tired of forcing it. When you've done all that you can and he still mistreats you, it's time to let go. No need to keep being miserable with him when you can be miserable without him. Just take it day by day. You need to take some time out for yourself. I'm sure you're a beautiful young woman, so it won't be hard for you to find someone else. I'm really sorry this happened to you because I know it's not a good feeling, but overtime it will get better! You just have to take it one day at a time!

• Thank you for your answer :( it's not easy dealing with this i think I might see a therapist to help me out