Do you have a "the one that got away"?

610

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. It's terrible to say this but the bar was set so high, even girlfriends after her were remarkable yet couldn't fully appreciate and the worst part about it. I try so hard to find and hold onto and focus on all qualities and even enduce an exaggerated infatuation with girls I date but the reality is none can ever come close to her; there is no way there will be another Elvis or Whomever, when you know it's a magic that can't be recreated and its almost cruel standard; because we literally did so much growing up together and I just couldn't live in her country and she didn't want to live in mine and I she was pressuring me to have kids and I freaked out. I was too scared and homesick and it was a giant mistake.

Most Helpful Girl

• Nah cause I'm usually "the one that got away".

• Pfff hahaha that ego though xD
      I upvote you cause that was hilarious xD

• *sigh* if only it were untrue ;)
      @AleDeEurope
      Shanks for da up vote kid.

What Guys Said 9

• yup, we likes each other so much we both would go out of our way to chat and do activities with each other and we could do nothing but smile in each others presence, then when i was going to ask her out her dad cheated and took her to live with him in his new home, never seen her again. D:

• I think its more of a "What if?" but yeah, I think most people do.

• Every crush I've ever had? Does that count?

• No. I have a girl I liked a lot and think she was the best ever, but she wasn't the one.

• Only when I was all shy back in early high school

• yes, this girl from work, everything seem so perfect and i think i came too strong or quick for her and now we don't talk anymore :(

• what´s the concept of that? like one you were into but didn´t start anything with?

• Usually someone you really loved but somehow they got away. Like you messed up, the person moved or disappeared etc.. It's like someone you'll always wonder "what if" and you'll always miss them. THE ONE that got away will always be at the back of your head when you enter a new relationship. Watch Katy Perry's the one that got away.

• nope. allways got my rejection :D so there was never something in quesiton.

• I have two.

• I let her go thinking she could do better cuz I didn't want to hold her back. now she's got a second child on the way from some lazy jackass and now I wish I could go back

What Girls Said 5

• Ugh! Yes! And it still haunts me to this day. It was my fault not his.

• sigh yea. i was too childish and scared to fully own up to my feelings.

• Yes and still thinking of him right now.

He appears to be seeing someone new right now, though.

• Lol no I do not.

• Yes I'm practically in love with a guy I can'teven say hi to 😞
    He'sprobably moved on by now