My fiance broke up with me over a grocery guy. Ideas?

well, we broke up last night because of him. We went to a grocery store. We were in line to check out and it was slow. I said " this is taking forever, lets do self-check " he said in front of people " close your mouth" and did a sign in his hand as shut up. I felt so bad because he embarrassed me for no reason. Anyway, I shut my mouth till we got in the car.. I said that was rude.. He said I embarrassed him, I was loud, people looked at him like shut your bitch and blah blah. I didn't see anybody looked at him or me whatsoever.. He says I'm rude and ignorant and he called me cunt just for that comment. Next morning, I told him I love him and stuff but I told him what he did was wrong. He started yelling and I yellled back. We kept arguing then he pulled my ring and threw it in the garbage. He pushed me out the house and asked me to leave. We have been living together for two years.
I Just want to see what you guys think. Am I wrong? What I did was crazy mean? and what should I do.
by the way he was says what embarrassed him was the guy in the grocery because he looked at us when I said that comment
Thanks a head

817

Most Helpful Guy

• You know... i just read the first 4 lines of your paragraph until " He said I embarrassed him" and that was enough to know that he doesn't deserve you. You didn't say anything wrong, you were just being humorous if i am not wrong. And you embarrassed him? Does he know any of the other people in there and even if he does, why does he care what they will think? he should be more concern about you, what you say and think and not of some strangers. Get over him as soon as possible as he is a jerk. I am sorry but he never deserved you.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think he was looking for an excuse to get rid of you and he's a sick bastard anyway

What Guys Said 16

• i think that this must have just been the final straw. there must have been issues leading up to this because while he may thought you were out of line or embarassing it's certainly not a reason to break up with someone

• You are right. He always thinks I'm mean and he says I embarrass him all the time because my voice is loud. My voice is not loud by the way but he wants a slave that does not even talk. He does not treat me well in public anyway and we have been fighting the last couple months because I started going to a med school in a different city

• so it sounds like he kind of wants a more submissive or at least more "beta" partner and clearly one who sort of keeps her opinions to herself. i imagine your medical schooling is a conflicting feeling for him because it means that you are pursuing a field in which you will be self sufficient and independent and that may be somewhat emasculating to him

but i think his behavior is really messed up considering you guys are engaged. clearly he knows who you are and got engaged to you knowing that

• Both were wrong and arrogant as hell. Let pride rill your life and it will fun others off or get you run off

• If it was exactly as you said, I don't blame you. If he had told me to shut my mouth I would have told him F-O you idiot and got even louder. Beware those are warning signs that he is controlling and you may want to question that before things go from fiance to ball and chain.

• Sounds like it was more and the straw that broke the camels back. He way overacted to this and kinda childish in a way. I highly doubt you said ut really loud maybe under your breath? Maybe this a blessing in disguised?

• Your only logical option is to get your stuff and move on.

• Your ex-fiancĂ©e is one hell of a douchebag, he's an abusive pig and you should thank your lucky stars that you are free of such a vile piece of shit.

• He is crazy holy shit. You didn't do anything wrong. I think it'd be a waste of your life to get back with that guy.

• Wow, he kind of over reacted some. just a tad.

• That's kind of weird.

• You can do better.

• You're much better off without him.

• Sounds like he is very self conscious and needs to stay in control of a situation. He'll probably never feel comfortable with anyone.

• he totally overreacted. There's more to the story about what's bothering you both.

• It's like you have Stockholm syndrome, that animal you are dating is a piece of shit, move on.

• He is crazy. He will probably try to get back with you later on. Ignore him.

• What kind of look did the guy give you?

What Girls Said 7

• I just think that was really uncalled for in all honesty... like you guys are going to get married and you had a fight over this... Kinda shitty. Just proves how immature it was and that he can't look past it.

• Think of this as a blessing, this guy clearly has issues and I have no doubt in my mind that your marriage would have been a flop.

• your fiancĂ© seems like a dick no offense. you didn't do anything wrong but over a little comment that didn't offend anybody in line or anybody he knows and he called you a cunt over it? that's fucked up.

and On top of all the bullshit he just put you through, he obviously doesn't respect you too. if he was pissed he should have said he's going for a walk or A drive or just go out so he can clear his mind then come back and tell you you guys are over rather than violently pushing you out the door with nothing and throwing your ring in the trash. that's so fucked up on so many levels

• It is so fucked up. The bad thing is I started going to a med school in another city like two months ago and I just bought $600 ticket to come home. Now, I have no place to go to and I can not buy a ticket till I get paid in January first

• I'm so sorry this whole situation is just a mess and you did nothing.

• If it were me in this situation, I'd be thankful (tho very hurt and upset) that we weren't married yet. This would've been a huge red flag for me to GTFO of the relationship. Pronto.

In answer to your questions, I dont't see that you did anything wrong and I don't even know why he'd be embarrassed by what you did. There isn't even anything embarrassing in any of that, in my opinion.

Just my 2 cents!

• Haha wooow and you were really going to marry this punk? Thank your lucky stars he's gone!

• Sounds like an abusive asshole. Don't go back to him, you didn't do anything to deserve that.

• I dont think this is the problen maybe you have been having problems something you need to talk about.