I told my ex I'm still in love with him (he's dating someone new), & he replied, "why are you telling me this now, when I can't do anything about it"?

What does he mean by saying he "can't" do anything about it? Does this mean he's over me or not?

33

Most Helpful Guy

• It probably means he doesn't intend to do anything about his feelings for you.

Most Helpful Girl

• It Simply Means here, dear, that now that you Both have parted ways these days, he has found a new love and he is happy and settled with her and Now... It cannot be helped, he will not leave her nor give up the relationship he has Moved on to Start neither.
    I believe he may Still have a few leftover feelings but with finding someone else now, he has Moved on Somehow and maybe it is best to do so yourself.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 2

• To be honest with you, putting that idea into his head after he started dating another girl is pretty wrong. Imagine if you were the new girl and your boyfriend ex started putting those ideas in his head? Then he started acting funny. Then you start arguing all the time. Then next thing you know he's cheating on you with his ex... think about that girl. She didn't steal your man but you're trying to steal hers.

• He sounds like a decent man that does not want to betray his new girlfriend. It is normal for you to want him now that he has someone new but you need to put your emotions in check. I am curious, who ended the relationship?

What Girls Said 2

• It means you should've told him earlier. There was a period in time in which he did love you enough to wait.. But he can't now, he's too into the current relationship to make any sudden movement with you.

• He can't because he has someone new in his life and he's going to be loyal to the person that he is with and its kind of messed up on your behalf for even putting him in that situation. He's trying to move on and you try to be a home wrecker.