Ex boyfriend confuses me?

so me and my boyfriend broke up and I said that I couldn't talk to him anymore because it would make it to hard to get over him. he put up a little bit of a fight and said that he can't picture losing me completely and he wished that we could still be friends. but also said that he doesn't deserve me and that I deserve someone better than him. I went two weeks without talking to him and then gave in because I missed him too much and decided to be friends. he was happy to hear from me and the conversation went well. the next day I talked to him early in the day and was wondering why he was up so early, and he said that he had to pick this girl Laura up from work... I hate this girl more than anything. lets just say she's caused many problems for us in our relationship and she's his ex. after that day I haven't talked to him for a week, he hasn't made it a point to talk to me even though he was apparently really upset when I said I didn't want to talk to him anymore. I'm really confused and don't know what to think. do you think him and Laura are back together? ahhh I hate this.

20

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• i went through the exact same thing. my ex of over a year broke up with me saying he thought it would be a good idea and that he insisted on still being friends. The next day, he texted me asking if I wanted to go out to lunch with him and I said yes. I waited for him for about 15 minutes. then I walked off to our schools library and there he is on a computer sitting right next to this girl that basically ruined our relationship. for three months she flirted with him and wouldn't back off, so I think he dumped me to be with her. Anyways, for a couple months we talked about life, he invited me over RIGHT after she left his house one night. Thank God I didn't do anything sexual with him at all. Now, he refuses to speak to me because his girlfriend (the one that flirted with him) hates me and will bitch at him if he talks to me. I still want to be friends with him, but it is hard for me go through all this plus she's trying to make me jealous. All you need to do is move on. If he wants to continue being friends, let it happen, if you guys need time to be friends, take that time, but if he's guna do what my ex did, ignore him until he decides to be a real friend.

• Who knows if they are back together. Does it really make a difference in the scheme of things? The reality is that the two of you are broken up and you are right to cut off all contact for now. I am not a fan of exes being friends. It is just something people say when they break up to soften the blow of the breakup. Even if someone breaks up with you they usually still have some sort of feelings for you, even if it is no longer love. But over time we do accept the separation and it becomes easier to stop talking to each other, and, let's face it, the things we used to have in common in the relationship just are not there anymore.